x
Beta Member

Sending Payments to Terminal Suggestion

We have the Square Terminal in our location which we use to take in person payments from customers.  Whilst it's great that we can link the Terminal to the Virtual Terminal so that we can create payments for customers on the computer then take the in person payment as usual on the physical Terminal... this does create a bit of a problem.

To link the Terminal to the Virtual Terminal, one needs to log out of the account on Terminal, link with the code and create the payment on the computer.  But then when we need to use the Terminal in the traditional way for another customer, perhaps for a quick purchase, we'd either have to log out again and log back in using the Account on Terminal, or use a computer to create the next payment - which is not always possible or time efficient.

Would it be possible to consider an alternative approach?  Perhaps on of the two alternative suggestoins:

1)  Fast account switching - the ability to log out of the main account on the Terminal device and quickly log into the Virtual Terminal, perhaps using a PIN or quick method of logging in?

or

2)  Perhaps a more elegant solution would be to create a payment on the computer and have a way to "send to linked device".  This is in a similar fashion as Google Maps works.. I can search a destination on my computer and then send to my iPhone and the destination and directions appear on my Google Maps app on the phone.  Using a solution like this would not prevent others taking additional payments in between those sent from a computer and would make it far quicker to add the items purchased and link to a customer.

Message 1 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content
1 REPLY 1
Admin

Hey @AnderewG, welcome to the Seller Community and for sharing your feedback with us about the Virtual Terminal - Terminal connection!

This is a relatively new feature and our teams are working continuously to improve it, so I'll be sure to share your suggestions with the appropriate team.

I would also encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Tra
Community Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 2
Report Inappropriate Content