x

Can I customize the eGift card order page?

Is it possible to customize the appearance of my eGift Card order page? I'd like a custom graphic not just a color block in the background.

Also, there's no way to customize the url for my eGift Card order page?

If not currently possible, pls add these to the Feature Request list.

Many thx.

Message 1 of 20
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up, @BEASTx!

I see what you mean with regard to the color block in the background—at this time, the ability to replace that section of the screen with a splash image or other custom graphic is not available. In addition, there isn't a way to customize the eGift Card landing page URL directly in the online Square Dashboard currently, but you might consider forwarding to it from another domain name service provider (e.g. GoDaddy).

I will definitely surface your post with our Point of Sale team and point out how adding these two settings to the Gift Cards tab would help with branding.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up, and thanks for your patience as we continue to iterate based on seller feedback.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Admin

Best Answer

Welcome to the seller community and thanks for bringing this up, @BEASTx!

I see what you mean with regard to the color block in the background—at this time, the ability to replace that section of the screen with a splash image or other custom graphic is not available. In addition, there isn't a way to customize the eGift Card landing page URL directly in the online Square Dashboard currently, but you might consider forwarding to it from another domain name service provider (e.g. GoDaddy).

I will definitely surface your post with our Point of Sale team and point out how adding these two settings to the Gift Cards tab would help with branding.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if anything else comes up, and thanks for your patience as we continue to iterate based on seller feedback.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 20

Thx. Yes, it would be a BIG help for branding.  Appreciate you passing along this feature request.

Message 3 of 20
Beta Member

I would support this request.  We would like to customize this page and prominently highlight our branding.  The eGift Card order page has not been updated since its launch.

Message 4 of 20

Hi,

I used to be able to edit the eGift Card order page. Did the UI change? or what?

I looked up the help article. It shows to select "Edit Order Page", but now I don't really see any "Edit Order Page" button in the Gift Card tab.

Thanks

Yan

Message 5 of 20
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @mitu315 thanks for pointing out that the eGift Card Support Page needs updating! Hopefully they’ll take care of that soon. 

Yup, the UI for editing eGift cards has been updated, and it’s the first thing you see when you click the Gift Cards tab on the Dashboard menu - along with the little Settings Tab on that page to change Loading Amounts. 

What are you trying to edit that you don’t see on that page?

The egift cards order page is super basic as of right now and there’s not much that you can edit. 

Hope this helps!

Pesso

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 6 of 20

Thanks for your quick reply Pesso.

I used to be able to change the banner color, business logo, and probably customize the message on the page. But now I am not able to change any of those. Is the upcoming update going to enable all that? What features shall I expect and when?

thanks

Yan

Message 7 of 20

Oh, sorry Pesso. Just realized you are a seller as I am, not a Square customer service rep.

Sorry, I shouldn't have asked you all those questions.

Thank you for your help!

Yan

Message 8 of 20
Super Seller Alumni

No worries! Happens all the time!

Your business logo will change there automatically as you change it in your Dashboard under Settings - Locations / Receipts

I don’t remember being able to change the banner color or the other text on the old version, but I could be mistaken. 

Do you have the standard Online store with Square too? That one you can edit and customize a lot more of - and there will be a link to the eGift Cards on top of that page. 

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 9 of 20
Beta Member

How do you put your logo on the top of the e-gift Card Page?

Message 10 of 20
Square Community Moderator

Hi @SmartWorld,

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller had the same question.

@Pesso answered this one above in one of his replies on where the logo is updated. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 11 of 20

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Only 3 Custom eGift Card amounts

I just set up eGift cards.  I would like to show only three custom gift card amounts:  $99, $139 and $175.  

It appears that I am required to include a 4th as well as a custom 'range'.  I would not like to include range either.  Is there anyway around these two items. 

Thank you.

Message 12 of 20
Admin

Hi @MassageBySandi, there isn't a way around these settings, I'm sorry! You do have to provide four different preset amounts for the eGift Card Amounts and you must enter a minimum and maximum load amount too.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 13 of 20

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Re:Only 3 Custom eGift Card amounts

This is ridiculous. Why can't the business owner have complete control over what they want to offer. The service we provide only requires people to come back after a year or more. Why do I need to sell 4 different gift cards? I just want to sell one gift card. The only time I would like to sell more than one is when someone wants to purchase multiple gift cards for a discount and Square doesn't even have that option.

Message 14 of 20

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Re: Only 3 Custom eGift Card amounts

I also think this is ridiculous. My business provides one type of service at one price point. I just want to sell gift cards for this service. Why do I need to have four different amounts when I don't have four different services?

Message 15 of 20
Alumni

@MassageBySandi@SmileSpa@smylie I've moved this thread to an existing thread where we are tracking feature requests for the eGift Card landing page so that we can surface this better. Thank you for dropping by to give us specific examples of how this feature would be helpful for your businesses!

Valentina
Message 16 of 20

Related but the opposite here.

We need more than 4 item prices for our service based mobile business. And we would respectfully request that a description of said item to be included. More than one item is the same price and we don't know what is ordered. Neither does the recipient. 

Recent feedback from egift card purchasers are two things:

1. Clients would like to pre-pay a gratuity and I could tell them to do that in a custom format, but then it further confuses things. (see above paragraph)

2. One client who wanted to print his egift card to be a stocking stuffer for the holidays was completely underwhelmed by his gift card email, aesthetically speaking. His intention was to print it. He also noted it didn't indicate what he had purchased.

I do agree that the egift card graphics are all a little homogenous and mostly follow a whimsical theme. I would love to see a few selections with a more modern or chic or classic look to reflect a wider variety of style.

Thanks for listening.

Jo

Message 17 of 20
Alumni

@Jo-OTFM Yeah, I totally hear you.

You're right - the eGift card site is pretty basic as far as its functionality and customization. I agree that more granular options will make for a convenient and more exciting experience for both you and your customers. 

Because of your detailed feedback, you're helping our Product Team out a ton when time to make improvements. Be sure to keep tabs on this thread periodically so you can be up to speed with any updates. 

Happy to see you around here. Keep posting!!   🎉🥳️🤗

Justin
Message 18 of 20

I'm a little disappointed with the lack of options when it comes to eGift Cards. No widget to include on the website, very little customization allowed. I want to offer quantity discounts if multiple cards are purchased and this option is not available. I also want the option to only offer one Gift Card with one amount. My services don't need 4 different amounts. 

Message 19 of 20
Square Community Moderator

Hey! Thanks for the feature request. I hear you - this would be a really helpful tool and help you have more control over your gift cards. I have shared your feedback with our product team and have merged your post with an existing thread with similar requests so they are all in one place. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 20 of 20