x

Feature Request: Create a Default Category Price

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Default Category Price

Hello. Is there a way to create a price for each category that autofills when that category is selected for an item? For example, if I'm adding 4 different types of apples, with multiple apples in each category, each category having a different price... can I select the category first and have the price auto fill so I don't have to manually do it each time?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

This is a brilliant suggestion! @katieand@Helen here’s one for the Feature Request forum!

Unfortunately it’s not an option right now. What I would recommend to get around it for now would be to export your item library to excel. You can add items and manipulate pricing a LOT easier from excel versus fighting the dashboard UI for each item. 

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 2 of 4

@ryanwanner

Ryan, 

Thanks for the reply. 

What is the feature request forum? Will this idea have the chance to come in to fruition?

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

The feature request forum is another category here in the community. A lot of ideas get posted in various parts of the community and get moved over there as a matter of tracking them. It's a little buried in the community, which is why I tagged Katie and Helen to get it moved over.

As for if it would come into fruition, that is a toughie. Square gets a lot of feature requests, and they have to determine which ones merit further research on a "need now" versus which ones are in the "good but not critical" department. Of course, every merchant thinks their ideas need to be in the "need now" column, so I don't envy the development teams.

Ryan Wanner
Golden Pine Coffee Roasters
Colorado Springs, CO, USA

Super Seller: I know stuff.
Beta Tester: I break stuff.
he/him/hey you/coffee guy/whatever.

Happy Selling!
Message 4 of 4