x

Feature Request: Turn off automatic "ASAP" allocation when scheduling orders

Beta Member

Feature Request: Turn off automatic "ASAP" allocation when scheduling orders

Not sure if this is currently possible as I couldn't find it so just putting it out there! 

As the title says, it would be great to be able to turn off "ASAP" as the default selection when scheduling orders. For my business use, it really doesn't add anything except confusion and an extra step as most of my customers are ordering well into the future and "ASAP" is mostly redundant. 

Ideally, I'd like a cart flow somewhat like this: 

Choose item and select add to cart -> force customer to select pickup/delivery -> force customer to select a day/time -> item added to cart. 

It feels like the cart is almost at this point design and feature wise, but because it automatically assigns ASAP it misses that crucial step to select a date which can feel a bit clunky (again, specifically for my needs). 

0 Likes
1 Comment
Square Community Moderator

Hey @CakesbyDrew,

Thanks for writing in and highlighting this feature request!

I can definitely see how useful this change would be for businesses like yours where customers usually order ahead instead of placing an order for now. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and feature requests. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts with us 🙂