x

Google Analytics for Square Appointments

Super Seller

Google Analytics for Square Appointments

It would be awesome if Square could open up more data around where our bookings are sourced / referred from (ie website, Facebook, Google Ads etc).

Right now we only see Instagram and Google referrals in individual bookings, but a report that shows all booking referrals would us know where our marketing is and isn't working.

Even just connectivity to Google Analytics would be great.

23 Comments
Admin

Hey @dieterslicke,

Thanks for getting in touch and providing us with this feedback!

I agree that expanded analytics options would be super handy for Appointments. I know this is something that can be done with Square Online, though currently Appointments runs through a different system and doesn't have this functionality. I'm checking in with our Appointments team to pass on your feedback, and if this does change in the future I'll make sure to update you via this thread.

Any updates on this? Hard to measure performance on FB or GA or other platforms without conversion tracking.

Beta Member

Hi Seamus, looks like it’s been a few weeks since this has been addressed. Is anything happening in terms of something being developed for this topic?

I’ll be switching to a different appointment software if this isn’t addressed soon.

Admin

@EricAllanHair @chrismccreery thanks for checking in!

I don't have any news to share here yet unfortunately. 

Long term, the plan is to migrate Appointments websites from the existing system to Square Online, which will open up use of its Google Analytics features, however I don't have an ETA on when this will happen. I'll be sure to update this thread when that happens!

Beta Member

Hey @Seamus Seamus,

I'm in the process of switching over to Squarespace Scheduling (formerly Acuity). I'm in the middle of it now, but I see that the Square Appointments migration to Square Online is happening and it looks good.

Are completed bookings measurable yet?

Beta Member

How in the holly hell does Square not have the ability to track conversions when square appointments is in an iframe from our website?

It's like you're telling us customers to eat dirt when it comes to tracking our ROI on advertising. Do you realize we are in the year 2021? SQUARE has a market cap of 94.65 BILLION and Square appointments still cannot track conversions when appointments is in an iframe?

Are you not embarrassed? I'm definitely upset about this.
And please don't tell me to watch my language. If you are worried about the word "hell" but not worried about tracking conversions for YOUR CUSTOMERS then please reevaluate your priorities. 

Super Seller

Yeah, c’mon Square. We’re all paying a decent premium to use Appointments (through significant transaction fees). I’ve migrated over to the new Square Online solution, but it still isn’t doing what it needs to be. Only if people go to the booking site (ie don’t use iframe) are we able to semi measure referrals. Pointless for all of us who are using iframe because we have existing sites on better infrastructure than the super basic Weebly.

It’s also ridiculous we have to pay just to use our own brand colours etc on this new Square Online solution. We already pay. A lot. To use Square. And don’t get me wrong, we love Square, but there are several short comings that other systems offer as standard that Square doesn’t have. It makes it hard to justify sticking with the platform when we have to wait so long for very basic functionality to come into our platform.

Ps, the iframe still sucks. This could be done much better, but obviously resources are pushing the Square Online solution now because it’s obviously a new revenue source for Square. Very disappointing. 

Beta Member

Just so others to this thread are aware. This feature, mainly to be able to track conversions, has been a requested feature since 2016 (https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Questions-How-To/Redirect-Page-in-Appointments/td-p/7855). There is also another thread asking for the same thing. Tracking (https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Feature-Requests-Square/Appointments-gt-Conversion-Tracking/idi-p...).

At best the answer has been 'use our new bookings API and build your own booking applications' which is great and all but I like so many other Square users, we are not developers nor do we have the $$ to hire a developer to build a custom booking portal.

I reached out to a lead at Square and described the scenario. He pushed it up to prod managers and that's where it ends.

The frustrating thing is for myself who is using the bookings widget. All Square needs to do is run a script immediately after processing the payment.

window.top.location.href = "http://www.example.com";
Will redirect the top most parent Iframe.

window.parent.location.href = "http://www.example.com";
Will redirect the parent iframe.

That redirect page is set as the conversion page and that's it. I'm not sure why this is such a difficult thing for Square to get devs working on solving.

I've been pushing for this for so long now I'm close to giving up. But every other booking platform I have looked at that works in WP or does not cost a monthly fortune does not provide the simple functionality that Square Appointments does and that is frustrating.

Admin

@dieterslicke I wanted to check back on this feature now that Appointments has been integrated with Square Online. Are you able to utilise these features to help achieve what you're trying to do with Appointments and Analytics? 

Is there still no update on conversion tracking or Thank you page redirects for Square Appointments? At this point, I'm considering using another provider for my bookings. It's a bit ridiculous that no solutions have been provided for users to track conversions when embedding Square Appointments.