x

Send an invoice a company and not an individual

Send an invoice a company and not an individual

When I create an invoice I select a customer from my customer directory and the invoice is sent to an individual in the format ('Firstname Lastname'). The company information is nowhere to be seen.

I'd like to send an invoice to the business name (perhaps addressed to the attention of someone at the company) and not to a person at the company.

Should I just put the company name in the directory as the first and last name? I'd like a more semantic way of doing this.

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: How do I include the Customer Business Name on an Invoice?

Thank you for your post @MuttButs. You're right, when you send an invoice it'll only pull the First Name and Last Name fields from the customer's profile and I agree a separate business name field would be very useful. I went ahead and added your post to this feature request thread where we're tracking this. We'll update everyone here if this is added to Square Invoices in future.

In the meantime, as a workaround for this particular customer, could you consider creating two separate profiles for them and then entering each business names in the Last Name field? When you send them an invoice it would look like this: 

(I entered the Last name with the dash '- My Flower Shop' in the customer profile.)

13 Comments
Square

Great question! That would be the best work around if you are looking to send the invoice to an entire organization, as opposed to an individual within the organization you can adjust the customer name to encompass the whole company. 

I know they are always improving the system, but the ability to display the customer's company in an invoice should have been there from the beginning. Please add it to the list of requests. Not using the database fields as labeled is a bad idea and a poor "work around".

Something like the following would be preferable:

Customer Company Name (if exists in customer directory)
First Name Last Name
Email

Square

Appreciate the feedback, @jamestwo23. We share these types of suggestions to the relevant product teams, so it's great to have examples. 

We'll be sure to update this thread, should this change be added in the future!

Hi there, I agree. Invoicing is very commonly used from company to company also, so this is a bizarre oversight considering the company field already exists in the customer record. Look forward to seeing this updated! 🙂 

Hey there! I found a better way to work around this until they fix it. Just don't put a person's first and last name. The invoice addressee will default to Company name field. 

Square

@vimandco - Thanks a ton for sharing! 

I completly agree, this is absolutly ludicrous !!!!! Im really mad about this especially as you said the field is already availble. FIX THIS !!!

Admin

Hey @GigHarborVR, thanks for taking the time to share your experience with this. I just checked, and there aren't any updates at this time. Rest assured that I'll share your post with our Product Liaison team.

I apologize for any inconvenience and I hope that the workarounds mentioned in this thread help for now. Keep in touch for updates.

This needs to be fixed. I am a business invoicing professional services to other businesses.  The company name field is already there.  Should not take the programmers that long to add the field to the invoice above the contact person's name.

I have a client that has two  separate businesses and I have them added as two different customers with their business name, however it's not showing up on the invoice I send them, which has become an issue.

I know I can add it to the comment section, but it really doesn't appear professional and seems like a basic feature. What am I missing when adding my customer so that their business mane shows on the receipt? I found old threads about this, but never the answer.