x

How to set up One fixed price

How to set up One fixed price

I am a busker and would like to set the card reader to a fixed price without having to stop busking to type in the price amount... is there a way i can set my reader to a certain price and have it automatically accept payments?

thank you,

Eliza

0 Likes
5 Comments
Admin

Hey @Elizawilson,

Thanks for your message! I've moved your thread here to this feature request thread.

As per the answer at the top this functionality is unfortunately not available - Square POS is designed to be used as a merchant processing facility that requires staff input.

With that said, you could totally use QR Codes for remote card payments! 

Hey, I bought the reader for the same reason. Disappointing there is no option for this, would have thought that would be very simple.

If I knew it couldn't be done, wouldn't have bought the reader. A QR code renders the point of the square device redundant

Please add this feature, I'm about to go busking and this has scuttled my contact less payment plans

Thanks,

Matt

Square Community Moderator

Hi, @Matt15, thanks for adding your voice to the conversation, we'd be happy to share your feedback with the relevant teams.

I've also included a link to Square's Warranty and Return Policy should you wish to return your contactless + chip reader for a refund.

Don't hesitate to reach out with any further questions.

• I'm confused. I've worked at events where they created their own event and came up with custom price so I didn't have to enter manually all night 
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Saxondoor 👋 

Square doesn't have a self-serve, or set-and-forget option, and never had this previously either. You can however create items to make the checkout process quicker.