x

eGift Cards Promotions: Can I giveaway an item instead of a discount?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: How can I do a limited number of offers?  I have 12 swag bags I want to give with e-gift cards

I just got my e-gift cards up and running and I want to run a promotion giving 12 swag bags to my first 12 $100 e-gift card purchasers.  Is there a way to create a promo for a gift instead of a dollar amount?

Message 1 of 14
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

@Moon_Soul_Spa Yes you can create a promo code for eGift Card sales from the Gift cards section of your online Dashboard: Click eGift Cards > Promotions > Create Code.

However you wouldn't be able to offer a gift — you can only offer a dollar amount or percentage discount at this time. I definitely see how that would be useful for giveaways! 🎉🎁

There's more information about eGift cards and promo codes in this Product Update

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Admin

Best Answer

@Moon_Soul_Spa Yes you can create a promo code for eGift Card sales from the Gift cards section of your online Dashboard: Click eGift Cards > Promotions > Create Code.

However you wouldn't be able to offer a gift — you can only offer a dollar amount or percentage discount at this time. I definitely see how that would be useful for giveaways! 🎉🎁

There's more information about eGift cards and promo codes in this Product Update

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 2 of 14

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Buy a Gift Card, get a FREE Gift Card???

I would like to run a promotion where if someone buys a $100.00 EGift Card, they'd receive a FREE $50.00 EGift Card that they can give to whoever they want.
Is there a way to do this?

Message 3 of 14
Admin

Hey @LucidTattoos! At this time you can only set up an eGift Card promotion to offer a dollor amount or percentage off the purchase of an eGift Card. I'm adding your post to this thread here so we can track the number of people interested in giving away an item or an eGift Card instead. 

Thanks for your post! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 4 of 14

Definitely need this available to us.  Every online store is offering this, why isn't available on square?

Message 5 of 14
Alumni

Totally understand how a BOGO discount is needed for your site. This feature hasn't been developed yet with the Online Store but our Weebly Team is currently tracking this request. 

We'll let you know if anything changes. @IkesFamous

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 14

Yes, please add a BOGO option!!! It seem so silly that this is available with Square but not on a weebly site. 

Message 7 of 14

I am interested in an offer like this! Is there still no way to add this feature? It's been a few years since this thread was created and I can't add this type of promotional offer to my online store. I would love to gift away an item to my customers, but still can't figure out how to do it. 

Message 8 of 14

How do I send a free eGift Card for a set amount to a customer? I can't seem to find an answer to this question. The only answers include taking a paymen and there will be no payment as I am donating an Egift card.  Is there any way to send/ donate a free Egiftcard through square to someone. 

Message 9 of 14
Alumni

@DUMBOWellness I've moved your question to this thread so that you can see @Helen's answer. You'll want to first create a promotion code with a 100% discount amount, and then enter in the promotion code at checkout. The link @Helen included in her answer has some great screenshots of this process, for reference!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 14
Super Seller

Has this been addressed?  I want to do a gift card sale where they spend $100 and get a $200 coupon (that way I can expire the bonus after 90 days).  Or even as a workaround, do any of the eGift card text fields come into our system, so I can distribute the coupons manually if I ask them to type something in at time of eGift card purchase?

Message 11 of 14
Admin

Hi @BMarxMed. What you're looking to do is currently a feature request. I passed this on to our gift card product team so they can continue to track this feedback. Appreciate you taking the time to ask for these features, as it helps our team in their prioritizing.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 12 of 14
Beta Member

Please add this feature. Example: "Buy a $100 gift card and get a free $10 gift card for yourself." This is super-common elsewhere. Thank you.

Message 13 of 14

Has this feature still not been added? I would love to offer a free gift to those spending over a certain amount, either automatically or with the use of a coupon code. But it would be helpful if there was a way to indicate to the customer that this offer is being added to their order once they qualify. It seems really silly to not be able to add this. 

Message 14 of 14