x

Square Appointments: Can I create a service that is only available on one day?

Is there a way within the appointments tab to create a service that is only available on one day? 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Admin

Hey @miraclekisess, welcome to the seller community!

Sorry for the wait—are you looking to limit service to one day per week? If so, you can create an ongoing schedule for availability or use the override feature for one-off days. More details here: Square Appointments Update — Override Hours and "Any Available" Staff Booking.

Hope this gets you where you need to be. If I'm missing the mark or if you have any remaining questions, please let me know—happy to have another look. 🙂

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 10

Hello, 

Thank you for your response. I am actually wondering if there is a way to make one service available on one day total? I'm a photographer and sometimes offer mini sessions. So I would need to offer that service in only 1-2 days total.

Message 3 of 10
Admin

Ah, got it. There isn't a way to limit a service itself, but you can limit the number of days that you're available from the Staff tab. For now, you might consider mentioning the mini-session availability in the service title/description. I realize that this isn't a perfect solution—I'll be sharing your post and why being able to designate service availability is important for sellers who have offerings similar to yours.

We'll circle back with any other workarounds or developments. Let me know if you have any questions and thanks for your patience!

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 4 of 10

Hi! Was this issue every solved? I am a photographer too and would like to only schedule on location sessions in the late afternoon and studio sessions only in the mornings.  Is this possible to set up? Thank you!

Message 5 of 10
Admin

Not yet @alyciasavage! But as Chad mentioned you could specify that the service is only available on a specific day or at a specific time in the name of the service, or the service details.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 10

Hello,

I'm also looking for a one-day only scheduling capability. I own a retail store that also offers services, but every month we have a couple of big one-time events that require scheduling. The best I can do is limit staff availability to that day, but then that availability repeats every Thursday (for example), which confuses my customers when they schedule. I'm really hoping that Square can find a solution for this since we also use the square POS. In the meantime, we're looking to jump to a different appointments provider until this gets resolved.

Thanks!

Message 7 of 10
Beta Member

Wondering if you found a workaround or a different provider?

Message 8 of 10
Beta Member

As a hairstylist and I am sure other industries.  It is a pain when customers book for a small service is the middle of the day where I can now no longer add a larger service into that slot because of timing. I prefer to use online booking for its convenience, and I do not want to keep declining appointments. 

it would be more practical if we could choose what services could be booked when. For example; 

*Haircuts and blowdries can only be booked online on Friday and Saturday mornings.  

*Colour appointments can’t be booked after 6:00pm. 

if we could have this feature added to each of the services “editing menus” that would be fantastic. 

Message 9 of 10
Alumni

Thanks for sharing your ideas! Definitely a feature request our Appointments Team is currently tracking. I moved you to a thread that we'll be updating once we get more info on future availability. 

Thanks for posting! @meggyj113

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 10 of 10