x

Sole trader address on printed receipts

Hi there,

We are opening a pop up restaurant and we are unsure of what address we can (or have to) display on our customer receipts. I'm a sole trader and I don't want to use my home address if I can help it. I have registered the temporary food business at a physical location and I'm not sure if I can use this address on the receipts if we know we will move our pop up restaurant to a different location every few weeks. Is it even legal in the UK to issue a receipt without an address? I appreciate any help you can give me on this subject. 

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hi @sarah16!

Thanks for the post and welcome to the community! 

It’s fully understandable that you wouldn’t necessarily want your home address to show on the receipts for your new pop-up. You can customise the appearance of your receipts and choose if you’d like to display your location information by following the steps below on your Square Dashboard. 

1. Go to Account & Settings.
  2. Click Business information > Receipts.
  3. Toggle Off - Show Location > then click Save.

If you’d like to keep some location information on the receipt, you might want to consider changing your location address to something more generic. You can edit your Location details from Account & Settings > Business Information > Locations.

If you haven't already, check out our guide on customising receipts and invoices.

Best of luck with the new venture!

Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

Hey @sarah16 - I'll start this by saying that I'm not a lawyer!

I've got a food truck so my home address is the one registered with the local EHO but I believe the only time you must display this is on a website *if* your offering goods for sale via delivery. In all other cases I believe that you're under no obligation to show your address as a sole trader. 

I don't have mine on any receipts but do try to make it as easy to get hold of me if needed with email and phone. 

On my website it's hidden a little in the terms section as I don't supply goods via mail order and everything is collected, if someone took issues they'd see it but it's not on the home page for everyone to see at a glance. 

Pizza Is Chill

Message 3 of 3