x
Square Community Moderator

Beta Invitation | Restaurant Combos ๐Ÿ”โ€Œโ€Œ๐ŸŸโ€Œย  [US Only]

Hello Seller Community!

We are thrilled to bring the much anticipated feature to Square for Restaurants โ€” Combos! This new feature will allow you to group menu items together to be sold as one while accurately tracking inventory for each item.

Combos can help you to offer customizable bundles of menu items to increase sales and streamline service!

Combos Promo (1).png

Requirements

You may be a good fit to participate in this Beta program if:

• You are a quick service restaurant (QSR) you have been waiting to add Combos to your menu!
  • You have only one location
  • Your business is located in the US ๐Ÿ‡บ๐Ÿ‡ธ
  • You are subscribed to Square for Restaurants Plus
  • You use the Square for Restaurants Point of Sale to process payments
  • You are not using Square Point of Sale to process payments
  • You are not currently using Square Online

Beta Participation Expectations

• Once the start of testing is announced, test the feature!
  • Share feedback via email or through Combos Beta Community group requests
  • Complete beta survey approximately 2-3 weeks after start of beta testing.

Timing

While weโ€™re a ways out from the beta start date, we aim to begin testing shortly after the Thanksgiving holiday (subject to change).

Interested? ๐Ÿ˜‰

If you're interested and would like to participate in this beta, click the button below, and join the Combos Beta Community group๐Ÿ‘‡

Join Beta | Restaurant Combos

Note:

• You must be subscribed to Restaurants Plus to join this Beta program.
  • Participating in this beta program will include testing the newly redesigned version of the Restaurants Point of Sale (as seen above).
Danny
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller

@DannyH I have a question about โ€œYou are not currently using Square Online.โ€

I have an website using Square Online, and I have an online store.  However, at the end of October we close for four months, so my Online Store will be deactivated and not accepting orders.  Will that allow me to participate in this beta?  Or is the mere fact that I have a website and inactive store enough to disqualify me?  I guess Iโ€™m asking what about Square Online will get in the way, since I wonโ€™t be wanting to use combos in my online store for now, anyway.  Thanks!

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piperโ€™s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!
Message 2 of 9

@TheRealChipA 

Thanks for sharing the context! During the initial infant state of the beta, we're limiting testing to those who do not have a Square Online Store. 

We've got you accounted for, so once we can open things up -- we'll be happy to bring you in!

Danny
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 3 of 9
Beta Member

I would love to be in the Beta but we do use Square Online, is there a way we can just not sell the tested combos? I wouldn't plan to sell combos online anyways, we only do them for lunch really - a drink and chips.

Message 4 of 9

@CreeksideDiveLL 

During the initial stage of testing, we're strictly limiting testing to those who do not use Square Online. Once we get a bit of testing completed, we'll have a better idea of our next path. 

I've got you accounted for, so once we can open things up -- we'll be happy to have you test!

Danny
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 5 of 9
Beta Member

Aside from typical food/drink combo, I'd be interested if this feature could work for can deposits.  For instance my brewery sells single cans, 4 packs, cases of cans and have to enter in the deposit as a separate line item (non-taxed).  To be able to make this a combo (beer taxed + Non-taxed deposit), would be huge for us and ensure all employees are properly applying the can deposit.  This would of course need to work on variations of the item.  For example 1 can+$.05, 4pack+$.20, etc, without having a separate button for each style/size. 

Message 6 of 9
Beta Member

Why again is this being limited to the US Only - the rest of the world has combo's too and it seems yet another feature only restricted to the US........๐Ÿ˜ก

Cafe-Wine Bar-Bistro
Message 7 of 9

Hey @iain697 -- I totally understand the frustration! We have every intention to bring other locales into beta testing, but only when the time is right. 

Currently we're in the very early infant stages of Combos and there's quite a bit of dependencies across multiple Square products in order for this to work. Rest assured, expanding this Combos feature to all geos is top of mind for the Restaurants team though it will more than likely be in 2024. 

Danny
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 8 of 9
Beta Member

Id like to join beta!

Message 9 of 9