x
Beta Member

Feature Request: Restaurant Reservations

Using Square for Restaurants and wondering if square appointments would work for making restaurant reservations?

[Moderator has updated the title of this thread from it's original: Restaurant Reservations]

Message 1 of 57
3 Verified Answers
Joe
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Restaurant Reservations

Hi there, @SqScullery738 - still no update for you on this one just yet. As soon as we have a bit more to share, we will reach back out here and let everyone know.

Cheers!

Verified Answer

Re: Beta Recruiting: Table Reservations with Square Appointments

Table reservations is available as an add on subscription service to Square Restaurants and Square Retail. For more information please join our Beta Community

Verified Answer

Beta Recruiting: Table Reservations with Square Appointments

Hello

Table reservations are more crucial than ever when managing your restaurant. Through our newest feature in Square Appointments, you will be able offer bookable table reservations to your customers. This will assist you in providing safe social distancing for customers who choose to visit your location in person. We’re looking for your help in testing out this feature. At the moment, the product is in early testing, which is why your input will be invaluable.

beta.PNG

If you are interested in testing out this feature, please comment in the thread below and I’ll be sure to add you to this beta. Also, if you haven't done so already, please be sure to join the beta seller community channel to stay up to date on this beta!

56 REPLIES 56
Beta Member

Hi I'm also interested in this feature. Otherwise what table reservation platform are people using to integrate with Square?

Message 43 of 57
Super Seller

I would like to be added to the beta test

Message 44 of 57
Square

@pigsnoseinn @kahii364 Jack from the Square product team here. Thanks for your interest in Square supporting table reservations! We currently offer an integration with OpenTable, and will continue to strengthen our efforts in supporting reservations. Feel free to DM me if you have any specific questions or requests! 

Message 45 of 57
Beta Member

Hey Jack,  what restaurant booking systems are you looking to integrate with?  I currently use Quandoo but want integration with square for restaurants,  so looking to move to one that will at some stage integrate.  Thanks

Message 46 of 57
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Jmgra - Thanks for following up on this thread.

That is still to be determined but once we have a partnership ready to announce, we'll be sure to share it with the Seller Community 🙂

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 47 of 57

Hello,

Could you add me to the beta for this feature please?

Message 48 of 57

Hi there again, @lawnbrook 

The Restaurants Team let me know that we are currently offering reservations via our integration with OpenTable. Soon, however, we'll have additional integrations with more reservation platforms. We are always exploring how to best serve the needs of our Sellers and would be happy to discuss your needs regarding reservations.

Violet
Message 49 of 57
Beta Member

Hi Violet,  which other platforms are you investigating?  I currently use Quandoo and are looking to move,  but want to ensure that it integrates with Square for restaurants.

Message 50 of 57
Beta Member

Hi, 

Please add me to the Beta community as we would like to test the restaurant booking feature.

Thanks.

Message 51 of 57
Beta Member

Hello, please also add me to the beta for resturant booking. I have applied through the Beta test program. Thanks. 

Message 52 of 57
Beta Member

Hi there, we have been using square for restaurants at three locations for a few years now and are looking to add reservations. We've tried Open Table and really didn't like it as it was bloaty and did not integrate well with Square.  We would love a simple solution where people can reserve online. We'd love to try this out at one of our locations first and then roll it out to the others.  We'd be fine being beta testers for it.

Message 53 of 57
Super Seller

Can anyone tell me whether this still actively being pursued, or was this cancelled in lieu if the Open Table integration ?

Bruce Wilson
Owner | Vigneron | Distiller
Message 54 of 57

Hi @lawnbrook - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I'm going to consult with the Square for Restaurants team on this one to get the best answer for you. I'll reach back out to you here once I gather more info!

Violet
Message 55 of 57
Beta Member

Hey @_Violet any update on this?  Square has everything but this is a major gap and $249 starting price per month for OpenTable is just cost prohibitive for us small guys.

Message 56 of 57
Super Seller

I get the impression that Reservations implemented natively is no longer going to happen. If this is the case we just need a clear statement. This thread gives the impression that it is, and people keep asking to join the beta.

I was just chasing some clarification, and if it's a no, it needs to be stated in this thread.

Bruce Wilson
Owner | Vigneron | Distiller
Message 57 of 57