x
Square

Feedback Requested: Your Restaurant Management Tools

Hi Community,

I’m Ramsey A., an Integration Product Manager on the Square for Restaurants team. I’m responsible for better connecting the tools you use to run your business with Square POS (ex: online ordering, inventory management, etc.).

In order to continue to improve the integrations we offer, I’d love to hear your feedback on the following questions:

• What are the tools you use to manage your business, including areas such as inventory management, labor management, loyalty, etc. 
  • Are any of these tools not integrated with Square today that you would like to see integrated? 
  • What else comes to mind when you think of how Square could better connect to the tools you use today?

We really value your time, so thank you in advance for your valuable input.

Ramsey

Message 1 of 50
49 REPLIES 49
Beta Member

Hi Ramsey! We love the KDS. However, we noticed that it generates a duplicate ticket when guest with an active order change tables. It creates confusion, food and revenue losses.

Message 43 of 50
Square

Thanks Bevri for letting me know, I'll flag this to our team. Please continue to provide feedback if you have any other thoughts, particularly around other software you use in addition to your Square POS and KDS.

Message 44 of 50
Beta Member

Online menus are very important for us and our guests. However, some features need your attention:

• Online menu is generally slow
  • Online menu doesn't give option to pay via Apple Pay and Google Pay, although it's advertised to the guests on the website
  • Also not having Apple and Google Pay, reduces the number of orders and creates customer dissatisfaction, as they don't want to enter all the information into the form while they're trying to enjoy their meal
  • Online menu from QR codes started to fail to place an order in most attempts in the last few weeks
Message 45 of 50
Beta Member

We also need a way to exclude certain options from online listings.  Right now, I have to create duplicate items.  I have stainless steel travel mugs I allow for purchase and customers get a 50% discount for drinks in those mugs when they bring them back in.  I only allow those for in store purchases.  So if I assign an option with 4 sizes (small, medium, large, and travel), then that item gets sync'd to online, I can't control who orders the travel size.  If I remove the travel size option it sync back to POS.  I know that I can turn off sync, but I shouldn't have to do that.

Message 46 of 50
Beta Member

Hey @Ramsey_A! just a few wants from a coffee shop / restaurant perspective :

1. More control over modifiers, including conversation modifiers. For example; we have a lot of guest ask for items “on the side” and we currently only have a “side” conversational button. 

2. again with modifiers, being able to arrange their layout would be helpful to speed up our register process - we currently have them alphabetically but would still like to change them in a manner similar to how we arrange our menu on our screens. 

3. the ability to set certain ticket categories to automatically print. With guests ordering both food and drinks, we need to get drink orders to our baristas faster to expedite the customers time and our time and help us operate more efficiently. Failed to mention, but we have the star printer that we use to label customers drinks. 

4. Mentioning order tickets - it would be awesome to be able to have some ability to change how they print out with modifiers. Currently if we get drinks that are very modified, we have a label that is 5 inches long. If we could change the font size or layout that would be amazing. Also, would love to be able to add a logo to those order tickets. 

just a few wishes! 

Message 47 of 50
Beta Member

Here are the big ticket items.

1. Reservations. - There is no point of a restaurant management system if there is no ability to create a reservation. We use Fork. It is simple and easy to use. An Android app is a must.

2. Staff management - This is the next key item lacking in Square. We use Deputy. We do not integrate it with Square at all. The current staff app in Square is pointless. We have used it for 1 day and let it go. Whatever you come up with it must have a good drag and drop scheduler, web based.

3. KDS - current KDS is very basic. It lacks functions. We are using it at the moment, but will be changing to Fresh KDS soon.

4. Menu printing - There should be a simple drag and drop interface to create menus and print in a PDF format. I am looking for a tool for this at the moment.

5. Inventory - I am looking for a tool for this at the moment.

Message 48 of 50
Beta Member

Hi @Ramsey_A 

Wondering when the loyalty program will connect with Square for Restaurant, at the moment only the online ordering and the square pos are connected.

Sebi
Message 49 of 50

Hello,

I have asked this multiple times through Square Support. We need to able to have a negative item on an invoice or to enter into the keypad.

Kind regards,

Andrea

Message 50 of 50