x
Beta Member

How Can I Set Up QR Codes for Self-Serve Ordering?

A couple of weeks ago I saw a Square Article and Video that integrated a Square Table QR Code for customers to scan and order from a menu. The order would come to be prepped, the delivered. Customers could order more or close out the ticket and pay. It wasn't by a 3rd party app. All Square.

At the moment I can't find the instructions to intergrade it into my Square POS for my cafe. Where can I find the instructions or any help?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Where can I find the instructions for creating QR codes?

Message 1 of 14
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Dine-in customer mobile ordering

Hey @joaniemore!

Thanks for posting. @GoGoGuest provided excellent instructions here. For further info read this Support Center article about checkout link QR codes.

Update: You can now also set up set up self-serve ordering and QR codes with Square Online.

1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi,

You'll need to generate a QR code and associate your online ordering menu to it. That way when someone is dining in they can simply scan the QR code to see your online ordering menu or your menu if you have table service available. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Super Seller

Best Answer

Hi,

You'll need to generate a QR code and associate your online ordering menu to it. That way when someone is dining in they can simply scan the QR code to see your online ordering menu or your menu if you have table service available. 

Message 2 of 14
Admin

Hey @joaniemore!

Thanks for posting. @GoGoGuest provided excellent instructions here. For further info read this Support Center article about checkout link QR codes.

Update: You can now also set up set up self-serve ordering and QR codes with Square Online.

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 3 of 14
Beta Member

This 2021 update gets rid of the option to just link to a menu- as it used to work in 2020.
I just need to provide QR code as a quick link to a menu, bot an item and not a menu tied to a table that doesn't exist.

Message 4 of 14
Super Seller

Hi,

I found this QR Code generator: https://www.qrcode-monkey.com/

It is Free, but it does not come with any management, data or insight tools to track engagement and conversion. 

The steps to create your QR code:

- Select your QR code generator

- Customize your QR code if the QR code generator provides you with these tools

- Add your content (link to your online ordering menu or your website or the product page you'd like people to see)

- Print your QR code. Most food and beverage companies are posting the QR code on their tables so folks can order while seated.

I hope that helps.

Message 5 of 14

I found a QR generator but it only seems to be available for "Appointments".  You can reach this feature on the Square dashboard under "Appointments" by navigating to;  Appointments / Online Bookings / Visibility & Display.  You will first need to setup your service library under "items" in order to see the items that will be associated to the QR code.

Hope this helps

Message 6 of 14

where can find the link to my whole store to send out via text. no social media

Message 7 of 14
Square Community Moderator

Hey! I've merged your post to an existing thread that will help answer your question. ๐Ÿ™‚

Also, welcome to the Seller Community!!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 14

We use Square for restaurants and the free square for our snack shops. When using a QR code for customers to place and pay for an order if there a feature that will text alert them when their order is ready? Otherwise how to you alert them to pick up the order? 

Message 9 of 14

Hi @Sflikkema I moved your post over to this thread for more information. The QR option is meant to be used for customers to order from tables, but you could set up something similar by using a third party QR maker as suggested here

Message 10 of 14

Hello,

Im having this problem too but Iโ€™m using QR codeโ€™s. So I was hoping it would automatically show which table number had ordered however it just shows as a random number and letter sequence. How do I change this?

thanks. 
elvina. 

Message 11 of 14

Welcome to the Community, @Elvinavegan

I have moved your post to a thread where other seller's asked similar questions. 

'

Check out the Best Answer from our Incredible Isabelle for the steps on how to get the Table QR code set up for your business.

Kassi
Message 12 of 14

Hello!

My QR code isn't working half of the time. Wondering what I am doing wrong. First I thought it was because the price was variable but I changed it to $25 and when I scan QR code it still says check the link. Someone please reach out and help. Online assistant has not been helpful.

Message 13 of 14
Alumni

Hi there!! Thanks for posting, and sorry to hear your issues with QR codes. I recommend reaching out to our Customer Success Team so they can take a peek at your checkout link settings. 

@JTNL

Justin
Message 14 of 14