x
Square

How can a better version of the Daily Summary email help you improve your operation?

Lucas
Product Manager, Square
Square
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Super Seller

Hi @lucasisaza 

I haven't seen a daily email in a while so some of these may be in it but for me I'd like to see:

• A snapshot of daily sales
  • any fees charged
  • loan payments if any
  • savings transfers if any
  • payment type breakdown (cash, card, other)
  • gross vs net
  • items sold that day
  • tips
  • taxes

basically, anything my bookkeeper would need to record the numbers that day.  

Doran

Esthetician
Haute Beauty Guide
Message 2 of 9
Super Seller

Currently, we receive a daily summary automatically each day and a monthly summary at the end of the month. Id like the ability to add our bookkeepers email address to our account and have a monthly summary automatically sent to her each month. 

Max Berkowitz | MAX’S DELI
Square Online Store
Message 3 of 9
Beta Member

We currently download a custom report daily for our stock and accounting. If the daily summary email could attach this report then that would be awesome 

Message 4 of 9
Beta Member

Hi @lucasisaza, the #1 thing I would like to see is labor percentage reporting in the email. We have to manually go in and look at that each day, and having it emailed would be awesome. Labor reporting in general needs to be improved, I wish we could show the current % to our team on the POS without disclosing full sales data.

Message 5 of 9
Square

I agree, this is good to know. Looking forward to going into detail in our conversation tomorrow.

Lucas
Product Manager, Square
Square
Message 6 of 9

Gift card load fees should be included on the report.

Message 7 of 9
Beta Member

Jumping onto this, I think a payment method breakdown would be helpful to see Gift Cards/Cash/Credit Card/Doordash/House Accounts/Invoices/etc.

Message 8 of 9
Super Seller

@lucasisaza ;

The ability to add Customization to the Emailed Report.

This way Maybe one business like a Report to be shown and another may like their Transactions csv files attached.

I would love the ability to have Square automatically email csv files I use to upload to my accounting software.

Then as others have said maybe a Report with Gross sales, Discounts, Fees (Processing and GC Load  sepparated) , Taxes (each Tax sepparate).  The items businesses need to report to their bookkeeper or accountant.  

I have my accounting setup to use the csv files I can get from square, but would love to set these up to automatically be emailed to me at the sametime, End of Day or even if it is End of week.  

Everything my accounting software needs to track inventory, sales (income) and Loans can be obtained from 3 csv files from Square.  The issue is, the time to Log in, Scroll Here, Scrol there, Select Export, File is exporting, Then select Download, the wash and repeat for the next 2.   Once I get these 3 csv files, I move them to a folder on my Desktop called Square.  Open one xlsx file which shows a spreedsheet of data.  I click Refresh, and Power Query then combines two of Squares Transactions csv files (Transactions and Items).  I save this csv then impot it to accounting software.  As this information is uploading to the accounting program, there is nothing more to do.  The longest time is spent Going through Squares Dashboard for the 3 csv files I need.  This would speed things up if I could setup a way to have these attached to Emails that were generated by Square.  

Maybe have a checkbox in the email settings on what a Business would like attached to an email.  Different CSV files, and which Retail Reports that Square already has.  Maybe even our Custom Reports that we have setup.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 9 of 9