x

How's Everyone's Photos?

Hey there, new here, I was wondering who everyone else's ideas with their photos turned out, how many different angles you use, and what kind of lighting you use! I take mine on wood display boards with a lamp overhead, and I was wanting to see all the other types!brownie bites 2.pngpumpkinpiecookies4.jpg

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Wow @MatthewM, that looks delicious! 

Message 2 of 5
Admin

Hey @MatthewM - great picture (mouth is watering now lol) Thought you might be interested in the Photo Studio QA that is happening tomorrow. If you have questions about food photography, you can ask them here and our product team that specializes in this will help!

Post a question (or a few) before tomorrow to get them addressed. Here is the thread link again: https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/Seller-Community-Events/Q-amp-A-Learn-how-to-create-high-quality-...

๏œ๏ธ Hailey
Seller Community Marketing Manager
Square Seller Community
Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

Hey @MatthewM ! Gorgeous photo! Do you run a bakery?

We're a small cafe, and we do all of our own photography too. I try to use as much natural light (especially morning light!) as possible. Generally, that's the only way I take photos, although we do occasionally use a ring light that attaches to an iPhone when we're shooting in the kitchen (which has terrible fluorescent lighting). I take a ton of different angles on every item so that I have options for all the different ways we use photos -- social media, online store listings, marketing ads, etc. It often ends up being 25+ photos of each item, which feels like overkill, but means I have options.

I also follow lots of different food photography accounts and hashtags on Instagram for inspiration on creative plating & angles, props, etc. It's been incredibly helpful. 

For what it's worth, here is our Instagram account, which is our main source of marketing. Best of luck, and welcome to the Square Seller Community!

Michelle Savage
Co-Founder & President
Savage Goods | @savagegoods | savagegoods.com
Message 4 of 5

Hello @mksavage, I do run a bakery, and I absolutely love your pictures! Very vibrant and bright, and also so delicious. I always 15+ photos for each item that is needed, so overkill is out of the question! With the lamp I use, it provides a very good up and down light source that makes the ridges and bumps pop on cookies, brownies, etc. I will definitely look more on Instagram for different photography accounts, thanks for the help!

Message 5 of 5