x
Super Seller

What is everyone using for managing team tasks?

Hi All,

Curious about what software or way you manage your team tasks?

I have a coffee shop and I was using a checklist for my team to do. At the moment the checklist is owned by everyone, but I’m realizing that is an issue. If everyone owns it no one owns it.

I am thinking of creating checklist based on the shifts given that everyone in my team is cross functionally trained and we all rotate stations.

I’m trying to figure out how to do this effectively so I can hold the team accountable

Tags (2)
Message 1 of 26
1 Best Answer
Super Seller

Best Answer

Some interesting suggestions worth looking into again. We stopped using digital solutions, staff found it too easy to ignore. We're old-school with a clipboard and laminated task list per shift. 

Each shift is responsible for all the items, initials are placed next to each once completed, and a picture has to be sent to the manager once complete. 

We spot-check from time to time and verify things are getting done we also do quality checks and retrain as needed. 

Take care of yourself and, as life provides, someone else too.

View Best Answer >

Message 22 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Super Seller

Best Answer

Some interesting suggestions worth looking into again. We stopped using digital solutions, staff found it too easy to ignore. We're old-school with a clipboard and laminated task list per shift. 

Each shift is responsible for all the items, initials are placed next to each once completed, and a picture has to be sent to the manager once complete. 

We spot-check from time to time and verify things are getting done we also do quality checks and retrain as needed. 

Take care of yourself and, as life provides, someone else too.
Message 22 of 26
Super Seller

This is how I've always done it.  Old school and effective.

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 23 of 26
Super Seller

I've always used a laminated checklist and my staff initials off what they do...At the end of the shift, they message me with a picture of the list....

Jacqueline
Owner of Jackie's Uniquely U Boutique
Message 24 of 26
Super Seller

Microsoft To Do is a pretty good task list that is shareable and tracks who completes tasks.  It has both MacOS and Windows desktop apps and Android and iOS mobile apps.  You can have different lists that you share with different people

Message 25 of 26

We have 3 coffee locations with around 45 employees. 
We're using a combination of paper and tablet-based opening and closing tasks tied to google docs. Each opening and closing task list in google has a place to sign off and then it's documented for us to go back to speak to an individual if something wasn't up to par. 
For more specific tasks that we have demeaned more than everyday quick jobs.-
We use hanging paper documents to sign off to check things like each cooler temp log, ice machine cleaning log, grease trap cleaning log, bathroom cleaning log etc. along with those sheets is a "how to" documents that provides any needed info on how to complete the task properly. Our managers have a list of those tasks and frequency to be completed. They then schedule the individual to complete that task. That somewhat insures multiple people have an opportunity to learn these tasks and share the burden.
This is a long process of trial and error for us.  I use Canva to create pictograms for the instructions on how to sheets.

Not sure there is a right or wrong answer to this question. I think its more about holding people accountable and me following up with our managers to ensure the tasks were completed correctly.   I say trust but verify everything.  If my employees think its important to me.. then its important to them.

Message 26 of 26