x

A receipt was received by a non-customer via text. How do I delete a phone number on an account?

I got a negative review from a non-customer who has received two receipts from us via text. I assume someone entered their phone number incorrectly. How can I delete this phone number from the account?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

@sunnysidestacey, I have had a similar query: A customer had been using his work email for his receipts. It's the one associated with his credit card when he swipes. Recently, his job was eliminated, and he was let go very suddenly. Needless to say, any further swipes he makes with my business (or any others) will go to that old work email.

How do we the merchants fix this or advise the customers to do so?

He has no access to this older email account, so he cannot click the "Not your receipt?" link, obviously. 

What can we merchants do?

Message 2 of 5

A customer used her airline credit card to process a payment.  We are told that a text message went to a "friend's" telephone.  Any suggestions on the way the system works?  What advise can we give the customer?

Message 3 of 5

Hi there, I was able to resolve the situation by working with Square customer service directly. They were able to remove the wrong phone number from the account as I was able to provide the account info for the customer. They took care of it very quickly!

Message 4 of 5

@George, You seem to do a lot of receipt-based answers.

What can you think of, by the way of the merchant fixing the email address? In many instances, the person or party receiving the email/text receipt doesn't care enough to be cooperative in clicking the link to correct the error. 

We would like to know what a remedy might be.

🙂

Message 5 of 5