x

Always got a Square Sale notice, not Yesterday after offline sale

So I took the new stand and tap reader to our local Market yesterday and the internet was not working. Opened offline ability and played around with the new reader. It went 4 green on card insertion then one green saying sale went through. My sales record shows it's there but when using our "old" chip reader I always got a notice of sale activity (not the actual deposit amount notice) in my e-mail that day. I have not received the e-mail notice so am worried the sale did not really go through...it's the long weekend and the people are still here should I get them to come over and redo the sale? Don't want to charge his card twice.

I immediately went through the effort of trying to post when I got home, but none of the screens had the band saying anything was pending and I haven't been able to find if it has actually gone through, something definitly amiss me thinks....any clues?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Admin

@Murrelet I'm afraid it's not possible to accept chip cards with the contactless and chip card reader while in Offline Mode.

If you haven't already, do contact your customer so you can run the charge again. You could send them an Invoice if they can't come back to your location. You can also refund the cash/other tender transaction to balance your books.

Chip card payments can only be processed if your device is connected to the internet, so you may have recorded the charge as 'Cash' or other tender but their card was not charged. To confirm this from the app navigate to the Transactions tab > tap on the payment in question > you should see 'Other Payment' or 'Cash Payment', instead of 'Card Payment'.

If you need to use Offline Mode in future bring a magstripe reader to your market so you can accept card payments. A magstripe reader should have been included in the box with your contactless and chip card reader but if needed you can order a free magstripe reader from the app or Dashboard.

I hope all of this helps but if you have any questions please let me know! 

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 2