x

Appointment intervals, regardless of the service duration

Hi there. I do acupuncture in a group setting, where we have appointments every ten minutes and then the person just rests with needles for the rest of the time while the practitioner moves on to get the next person set up. So I have a two-part question, since it looks like I can't set up square appointments to work for me. 

1. It looks like I can choose 15 minutes, half an hour, an hour, or service duration for when people can make appointments. Is there any way to be able to take appointments every 10 minutes instead of 15? Since we have a set number of chairs we can fill per hour, we'd be half empty if we only booked every 15 minutes. 

2. I don't want the service duration that the customer sees to be tied to frequency of appointments, since we do appointments every 10 minutes, but they actually last 45-60 minutes. 

Is there any way to do this in square appointments? Acuity and the other options I've tried make it easy, but I'd like to move to square if I can make it work. 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Did you ever figure this out? I am a IV hydration spa, where a customer comes in and gets hooked up and then rests there for about an hour. When I set the service duration to an hour, it blocks out all those openings- but, when I set the service duration to 15 minutes, the customer plans their day around only being there 15 minutes. 

Message 2 of 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey! I responded in your other thread, but the best way to work around this is to list your IV stations as staff members so you can book more than one IV station at a time for the full length of time needed. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 3