x

Appointments: Can I change how my name is displayed as an owner/employee?

I am owner/employee. The first name associated with my SSN is William, but I go by my middle name Troy.  I'd like my employee name to display as Troy instead of William. Is there a way to edit how my name displays as an employee for online booking?

Message 1 of 32
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Can I change how my name is displayed as an owner/employee?

Hello @tsherman!

Just to add to the reply from @ryanwanner - if you're using the Appointments online booking site you can set a Display Name:

1. Sign in to your Appointments Dashboard.
  2. Click Staff > click on your name.
  3. On the right-hand side scroll down to the Display Name section > enter the name you want to appear on your online booking site.
  4. Click Save.

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @tsherman!

Just to add to the reply from @ryanwanner - if you're using the Appointments online booking site you can set a Display Name:

1. Sign in to your Appointments Dashboard.
  2. Click Staff > click on your name.
  3. On the right-hand side scroll down to the Display Name section > enter the name you want to appear on your online booking site.
  4. Click Save.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 32
31 REPLIES 31

Thank you in advance for any help! 🙂 I’m a small business individual who goes by a different 1st name than my legal 1st name. I’m trying to have my services bookable via appointments but it won’t work unless I assign my services to my legal name...is there a way to have the service bookable without assigning my name or may I change my display name? 

Message 22 of 32
Square Community Moderator

Hi @RestorativeCo! Welcome to the Community!

I moved your post to an existing thread where another seller had the same question.

@Helen provided step by step instructions on how to edit your display name. Check our her best answer for more details!

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 23 of 32

When will the feature to change the owner name on file be available?  I read a post from Nov. 2019 that you guys were actively working on it, and it seems like many people are actively requesting for it to happen asap.  Do you have an ETA on when this feature will be fixed? 

Message 24 of 32
Admin

Hey @RachaelReeves-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community and resurfacing this feature request.

I went ahead and reached out to the Product Team member that is overseeing this feature request. I have not heard back from them yet, and I'm not sure what kind of update I'll be able to provide, as we usually cannot release any launch dates. I will find out what I can and relay it back to you. I really appreciate your patience with this. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 25 of 32
Admin

Hey @RachaelReeves-

Thanks for posting in the Seller Community. Apologies for the delayed response. 

I went ahead and reached out to the Product Team here at Square. While this is a highly requested feature, we have not implemented a way to automate this quite yet. I realize that this isn't ideal and can be inconvenient. I wish I could provide some sort of release date or timeline, but that's not something we can share publicly at this time. Thanks for your time, and I'll make sure to follow up in this thread if I hear any news or updates regarding this feature. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 26 of 32

What is the ETA on this feature request?  I have to admit as a developer myself this SHOULD NOT be this hard to be able to update or change the owners name especially if there are LEGAL court documents supporting the change.  I also have a LEGAL updated SSN card yet I can not change this even without just a support request.  Seems to me there is more to it than what is being shared.  

Message 27 of 32

Yes, what about domestic violence issues? People need to be able to change this information.

Message 28 of 32
Alumni

@ Wsmyth,

We will be sure to let you know if anything changes or is updated.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Inicie seción y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 29 of 32

When will this be updated? Really looking forward to being able to change the name without all of the new account set up.

Thanks

Message 30 of 32
Square Community Moderator

Hey @bsellers,

Check out the first answers in the thread for how to change this on Appointments. 

Helen shared how to change this under > Staff. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Message 31 of 32

Following up on this, there was a typo in the Business Owner's name and I do not want to create a new business because of a simple typo. Please advise if this feature will ever come to fruition. Thank you.

Message 32 of 32