x

Are dollar amounts tracked per visit until loyalty point threshold is met?

I have loyalty set to 1 point every $10 spent.

My question is does Square Loyalty track each visit and provide a point once they spend over $10 with my business?

Our Standard bowl is $9.50 which is preventing people from accuring a point during that visit if they don't get a drink. 

Will their next visit qualify them for a point since it will take them over the $10 threshold?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller Alumni

Hey @pokeguru - great question!

Unless it has changed with the latest update, no, dollar amounts for points are per transaction and do not accumulate between transactions. So two $9.50 transactions will not add up to $19 and give 1 point total - each transaction is separate and no points will be given. 

You can drop your threshold down to 1 point for every $9 or $9.50 and that should solve that for ya

If that doesn't work, let us know and I can help come up with another solution for you too!

Hope this helped!

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Square Super Seller - I'm here to help!
Message 2 of 5

This does help but unfortunately is a bit of a bummer for what I was intending. 

We we also have an item that costs $7.50, and would like to prevent people from cheating the system by buying 10 of our cheapest product to get a free bowl (potentially worth up to $13.50). 

In in my head it was a clean $100 worth of purchases (no matter the visit amount) gets you a bowl of your selection. 

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller Alumni

Totally understood. 

You could also up the required points amount to get the free bowl from 10 to 12 or 14 so it prevents anyone from “taking advantage” of the system. 

We do 1 point for any item and 12 points gets them $4 off their next item and it works well for us and for the customers who don’t want one specific item - they can use the reward on any item - it also saves us some money because they use the $4 on higher profit items too - so you can do free item in specific categories or specific items - a free bowl or a free cheaper product. 

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 4 of 5
Super Seller Alumni

Then again, if you have a cheaper item that costs $7.50, but you need $9.50 to get a point they would only get a point if they buy 2 of them or that plus something else in the same transaction - so they wouldn’t be able to get a free $13 bowl just by getting 10 of your $7.50 items. 

Pesso - he/him
Pesso's Ices & Ice Cream
Message 5 of 5