x

Best Before Date (or Expiry date)

Hi

Just wondering if there is a field (or consideration to add this feature) for consumable products.  I don't think this should be in the product description as we receive batches of the product with different Best Before dates.

It is impossible to keep up with a growing list of products and costly to continue price discounts/refunds.

Ideally a separate field which we can set a notification 30 days prior and may also serve as an opportunity to create an offer. 

This should not be visible on the product description (on the website)

thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Beta Member

I to would like to know if this will be a feature as we also have expiry dates on many products in our retail business & it would be quite helpful

Message 2 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for highlighting this feature request, @ehbs @CCIptyltd! While this is not a feature at the moment, I'd be happy to pass this on to our team for consideration. 

Message 3 of 5

Hello Arie

checking if there is an update to this request now that nearly 2 years have passed since my initial enquiry.

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi there @CCIptyltd,

Thanks for checking back in with us!

I'd be glad to take over from Arie and check the status of this feature request. Could you please confirm whether you're currently using Square Point of Sale, Square for Restaurants, or Square for Retail?

This will help me provide you with the most accurate information.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5