x
Admin

Beta Now Recruiting: In-Person Payments on Invoices, Android

We’ve heard your feedback and are excited to announce our

Early Access Program for In-Person Partial Payments on Invoices.

Since Square Invoices launched, the ability to take an in-person card payment on a partial Invoices has been a limitation - but no longer! We’re giving you the ability to take an in-person partial payment, and we’re looking for Beta testers to try it out.

You’ll be able to accept a credit card and other forms of payment on both the Square Point of Sale app and the Square Invoices app. When you sign up to be part of the beta program, you are agreeing to provide feedback and report any bugs you may find - before it’s ready for full launch.

Keep in mind that this beta will not be starting until January 2020

If you’re interested in testing this new feature, please let us know by joining the Beta Seller Community: Android specific group, and reply to this post.

Please note: Android testing will begin in January. 

IOS will follow shortly thereafter, but we will be recruiting separately when it's ready to Beta.

Once you are in the Beta Community, our team will reach out to you for the next steps. The Beta Community will also provide you an opportunity to share your feedback, report bugs, and connect with other Beta Sellers using the product.

Looking forward to working with you and launching this popular feature request!

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Tags (1)
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14

Im migrating over from mindbody with over 300k in charges. Would love to be a part of this 

Message 2 of 15
Admin

@CryoleteBody

Great! We'd love to have you.

Please request to join the Beta Community and we'll get you enrolled. 

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 3 of 15

Yes please!

Message 4 of 15
Admin

Great! We'll get you enrolled. 😃

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 5 of 15
Beta Member

I would like to try this out

Message 6 of 15
Admin

@Steveboyd 

Awesome! Go ahead and join the Beta Community by following this link, and you'll be sent an email shortly to get you fully enrolled and ready to start testing.

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 7 of 15

I have to create invoice for customers so they can see what their total bill will be on completion.  However I do not or cannot find where I can post a credit card payment to the invoice without creating a double entry for that sale!  This makes me look completely incompetent in front of my customer!  I can add cash and check payment but not the credit payment.  I should be able to take the payment then specify where I want to apply that payment.  The system needs to move that payment to the invoice and remove the amount out of the total sales.  Not report that amount twice!!  Please fix this!!!

Message 8 of 15
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @whit0406 - thanks for taking the time to reach out here on the Seller Community! We really appreciate you leaving your feedback here. The ability to take a payment on an already existing Invoice has historically been a long-time Feature Request. I am happy to report that this feature is currently in the works!

We are actively accepting applications to be included in the early access Beta-program for this feature. I've gone ahead and merged your post with the Beta Announcement - feel free to follow along and submit your application if interested.

Let me know if you have any questions! We are here to help. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 9 of 15
Admin

@whit0406 

Let me know if you'd like to be added to this Beta. We'd be happy to get your enrolled.

kellyj
Square Inc
Tags (1)
Message 10 of 15
Beta Member

I would like to be part of the beta program

I need to be able to accept gift card payments for invoices that I've created or orders that I create over the phone for online or curbside pickup customers

Message 11 of 15
Admin

@jcrompton

Thanks for your interest!

We're actually actively launching this now for iOS and we'll be releasing this to Android around 4/20/2020. So hold tight, you should see this functionality shortly!

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 12 of 15

Very interested in being apart of the IOS beta testing for this feature. Our business HAS to have this function or we will be forced to go back to QuickBooks 😞

Message 13 of 15
Admin

@WhiskeyLaceDes

This should be live in your Android account at this time.  We did have a production delay due to a bug, but this feature is now live.

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 14 of 15
Beta Member

I would like to be able to offer "Pre-Orders" on some seasonal items that we are now ordering at market.  We have some colleagues that use Shopify and they are very successfully doing that --- can you please help me to accomplish that.

Thank you

Message 15 of 15