x
Admin

Beta: Square Appointments Commission Tracking, now recruiting

By popular demand, we’re ready to test another new update to Square Appointments: Commission Tracking!

Commission tracking will allow you to assign unique commission rates to each of your employees based on the service performed, or product sold.

Screen Shot 2020-08-04 at 11.47.17 AM.png

We're looking for feedback from both you and your employees on this beta. If you’re interested in trying it out, please reply “I’m in!” or any variation of such, and we’ll get you setup. 😎

To share feedback, please make sure you are a member of our Beta Community, a private community where you can provide feedback, get support on latest features, report bugs and submit additional product requests. We'll be tracking your feedback in this group.

Your participation and input is important to us. When you provide feedback, you help improve your future experience with Square. Hope you and yours are staying safe! 

Happy testing, and see you in our Beta Community.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 1 of 76
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey @BizyDogs32! We are actually going to be launching this feature to everyone very very soon, so watch out for an email from us about this feature and keep an eye out on your Dashboard! 🥳

Michelle (she/her)
Senior Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage

View Best Answer >

Message 72 of 76
Admin

Best Answer

We're excited to announce this option is now live in your Square Dashboard.

Please let our team know if you have any questions. You can read more about Square Appointments Commission Tracking here!

kellyj
Square Inc

View Best Answer >

Message 76 of 76
75 REPLIES 75

I'm in...

Message 22 of 76
Beta Member

YAAAASSS PLEASE!!

Message 23 of 76

I’m in! Where do I sign up? 

Message 24 of 76
Beta Member

I'm in. 

Message 25 of 76
Beta Member

I am definitely in! This would be so helpful and a feature I have been hoping for for so long!

Message 26 of 76

I am interested

Message 27 of 76

Will this also allow us to separate TIPS for commissioned employees as well?  Especially since the tips belong to the employees and not the businesses. 

Message 28 of 76
Admin

@Mansellmc 

Yes, your Team Sales Report has a column for Tips and a column for Commissions.

Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 10.08.16 AM.png

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 29 of 76

Will this effect paying Square Capital in anyway?

Message 30 of 76
Admin

@Mansellmc 

There should be no effect on Square Capital, but if you have a specific question about it works, feel free to post it here, and we can get an answer for you.

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 31 of 76
Super Seller

I'm in!

Message 32 of 76
Beta Member

I'm In

Message 33 of 76
Beta Member

I’m in

Message 34 of 76

Hello I have a salon and I'm interested! This would be great 

Message 35 of 76
Super Seller

First, I want to thank the Square team for this useful feature. Definitely a huge feature for Square Appointments. 

I have a question for Square and/or the Seller Community: Currently we have clients prepay at the time of booking an appointment. Commissions show for the day the appointment was booked, not the day their appointments are. We allow clients to cancel 24 hours in advance. 

If I pay my Service Provider at the end of the week based on appointments booked, there is the possibility that an appointment booked for the following week is canceled. How can I reconcile this? 

Let's say a client pays on a Monday, and the Team Sales report says the Service Provider gets $30 commission. What will it say if the client cancels on Wednesday? Will it say -$30 commission? 

Message 36 of 76
Admin

@TCSlaguna 

This is a really good question. @MichelleSQ can we offer any insight to how this will work?

I'm also going to escalate this to the team, as this may be good feedback to give in the case it wasn't addressed.

Would you still like to be involved in the Beta while we get this information for you?

kellyj
Square Inc
Message 37 of 76
Square Community Moderator

Hey @TCSlaguna. Thanks for reaching out and inquiring!

I tested and because we do not refund any commission earned from a cancelled or refunded appointments transaction, the employee in question will still have that commission amount on their Team Sales report. 

Your point about "earning" the commission on the day of the booking is fantastic feedback for the team. I'm going to share this with them, and see what they have to say. 

Thanks for your participation in our beta program!

Michelle (she/her)
Senior Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 38 of 76
Beta Member

I’m in.

Message 39 of 76

I'm in! 

Message 40 of 76
Beta Member

I'm in

Message 41 of 76
Beta Member

IM IN! I would LOVE to test it out! We use appointments and POS and commissions had been difficult for us as a salon! This update could be a gamechanger! 

Message 42 of 76