x

Bugs in Import Tool

Is anybody actually using the import tool for items? This thing is buggy as hell. If you export your items, and then immediately import them back in it sets all of the "ENABLED" fields to "N". It exports 2 fields with the same field name (PRICE) - one of them is supposed to be "PRICE FORMAT". I have messed with it for hours, and I am a programmer. This was released way to early, and apparently not tested at all. I was also told by support that it defaults to replacing the database, so you need to export first. I did not find this to be the case. In my testing, it was always appending, even creating duplicate items when dupes were present. UGH.

THIS NEEDS TO BE FIXED

Message 1 of 32
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Bugs in Import Tool

@jimkramer61 - Just heard back from our Engineering team, and they let me know that this issue should be resolved now. Would you mind checking things out again? 

31 REPLIES 31

are you able to select that item from the square register on your mobile device? When I import the item appears, but you can't click it. (Android)

Message 22 of 32
Square

@jimkramer61, try exporting and re-importing your library.  We've fixed the issue with items not appearing in register after import.

Message 23 of 32

They appear, but cannot be clicked (selected). I thought this was already reported as a bug...

Message 24 of 32
Square

@jimkramer61 - This seems like more of issue with the Register App. Have you already tried signing out, and then back in? Have you tried reinstalling the app? 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 25 of 32

tried both - acts the same. I am done wasting time with this tool. I'm no longer toying with the idea of using it to import items into square. I'll just keep using my current point of sale, and treating square as a payment processor only. The importer is too full of bugs to be trusted.

Message 26 of 32
Square

@jimkramer61 - Feel free to reach out directly, a supporter can help capture more details, and then escalate this issue to the proper engineering team. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 27 of 32

Import (and export) button dissapeared again from acticles section. Is it an error? Or you have move it into other section?

Message 28 of 32
Square

@patio5 - Since your account hasn't been migrated to our new inventory system yet, you'll need to navigate to a location specific dashboard first. Check out this thread for more details. 

Sean
he/him/his
Message 29 of 32
Square Community Moderator

Hey @WRHw & @mkashifrph,

Welcome to the Community.

Please check out this best answer from above.  If you're still having trouble, our Support team will be able to look into this with you.

When you have a moment, please reach out directly by logging into your Square account and heading here: squ.re/contactsqsupport.

Feel free to reach out if I can assist you with anything else.

Message 30 of 32

Hi, 

Yes, I am also facing this issue. Hope this will be fixed soon. 

Message 31 of 32

Is this issue fixed? I'm still having the same problem. 

Message 32 of 32