x

Buy Square hardware with a PO

Our Texas school district requires PO's to purchase Square hardware.  Square is not easy to work with on this subject.  Does anyone else have this problem and how did you work it?  Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Alumni

Have you tried getting in touch with our team directly about this yet, @CHS?

You should be able to get in touch by phone and let the team know what you need help with in regards to paying via purchase order.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community 

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

Thanks.

I've been in touch twice and followed up with emails but no answers.  We have significant purchasing to do but cannot use square if we can't get responses.  I'm sure PO's, authorized vendor approvals, and tax-exempt purchasing are possible but it's very difficult getting answers from Square.

FYI, I have an account and am set up with Square online but we want to use Square for credit cards and need hardware to make this work.

Message 3 of 6
Alumni

What kind of direction did our phone team provide when you got in touch that way, @CHS?

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 6

Your phone team is very polite, and up until the last call (with no response), they have responded promptly.  The problem is the phone team appears unknowledgeable about transacting with Square outside of the online cart.  While I am told my case will be sent up to supervisors and tax departments, there is little follow-up. Jeanie Rhoads emailed me three days ago, and I emailed her back with our school district's requirements but have not heard anything in response.  I'm fascinated that using a PO-based purchasing process appears to be a Square black hole from a customer's point of view.  Except for this thread, there is no relevant online information to interact with Square outside the website cart.  I am Intuit Quickbooks certified and an educator teaching QB certification courses who understands Square's niche, which is why this experience confounds me.

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

I'm very sorry for the back and forth. It looks like the rep assigned to your case is still working with the team to complete the process for the account. 

I appreciate your continued patience, and will pass along your feedback to the team leads. 

Message 6 of 6