x

Can a US account process payments in Canada?

I live in Canada, but have 2 vacation rentals in Hawaii. If I try to set up my account from my US address, I run into problems as I dont have a social security card. If I set it up from my Cnadaian addresss, I am not able to deposit to a US account. I want to deposit my payments in my american bank acoount, but cant get past the set up process. Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square

Hi @Karen2, apologies for the delay! 

Unfortunately, I'm afraid there won't be a way to accommodate this setup. When you have either a U.S. or Canadian account, it's required that your bank account and payments are located within the country of account activation. So you would need to be located in and approved for a U.S. Square account in order to link a U.S. bank. Hope that helps clarify, at least. Let us know if you have any other questions.

Message 2 of 6

tried to setup a new account in Canada but it won't let me verify myself because I don't have a Canadian personal address.

What do I do?

thanks

Dirk

Message 3 of 6
Admin

Thanks for your question, @DirkCarswell. I went ahead and moved your post over to this thread.

As Spencer mentions above, it's required that your bank account and payments are located within the country of account activation. This also includes an address.

Some sellers have asked family members to use their addresses in cases like yours.

Apologies for the trouble.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 4 of 6

Hello, 

I am an American and live in Canada. I have a business in the US and bank accounts. I am trying to setup Square on my website and when I attempt to it redirects me to   https://squareup.com/signup/ca/business-information

Seeing if there's a way to disable this or if I have to use a VPN or something. 

Thank you -

Message 5 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Cristo 👋 Thanks for joining us here on the Seller Community!

An Square account will automatically be registered to the country in which it is activated. This means if you live in Canada, your account will be available and usable in Canada only.

I've gone ahead and merged your post into an existing thread of Sellers who were also looking for information regarding countries and accounts. Let us know if you have any additional questions!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6