x
Beta Member

Can a customer pick their delivery time ?

We had a customer order from our restaurant and select delivery. The delivery time defaults to the next available time. So in this case, they ordered tonight, after we closed, so their order will be delivered first thing tomorrow rather than at noon, their preferred time.

Is there a work around for this with the Postmates Integration? Why can't a customer order for delivery later like they can when they order directly through Postmates?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

@ZDeli I am not sure if this is a delivery integration issue, but you can toggle order ahead on in the online dashboard for the website.  This would allow a customer to set their pick up time..  I would check to make sure you have the order ahead option checked on in pickup and delivery settings.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

This is helpful, but where do I toggle order ahead on the online dashboard. When i go to edit settings I don't see that option.

Message 3 of 5
Super Seller

@ZDeli Go to online (weebly) dashboard from your square dashboard -->settings --> pickup & delivery -->edit location --->order timing settings --->scheduling

From here you can change prep times, # of orders per hour, pre-ordering(scheduling), etc.

If you can't find it I can upload a screenshot or 2 for you.

Donnie
Multi-Unit Manager
Order Up Cafe/Tombras Cafe/Riverview Cafe/City County Cafe
Roddy Vending Company, Inc.
www.OrderUpCafe.com

Using Square since July, 2017
Square Super Seller
Square Beta Team

"Good judgment comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgment."

"You can have everything in life you want, if you will just help other people get what they want." Z.Z.
Do you want to have great restaurant menus that are easy to edit and don't cost a fortune? I use MustHaveMenus and you can too!
MustHaveMenus
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

So this is all correct on our Dashboard. (I can't upload a picture at this time).

But, when I test out as a customer, the online ordering system just defaults to the next available time, it does not allow a customer to pick their delivery time.

Message 5 of 5