x

Can we color code appointments by service type?

This is an extremely important request. I hope a sense of urgency is created to get this done. Please tell me how many times I need to post or who I can call to keep this at the top of the priority list. 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Alumni

Hey @hairbecca - organizing your services by color is a feature that hasn't been developed yet but that doesn't mean it's not considered - I just don't have a shareable timeline to report for you at this time. 

There's a little more that goes on behind the scenes when a feature request comes across our Product Team's desk and they try hard to prioritize everyone's needs. The unfortunate reality is that some requests take a little more time to implement than others but just know your ideas hasn't fallen on deaf ears.

If you're interested, learn  more about the life of a feature request here

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 16

Hi!

It would be really nice as an Independent Contactor who has my own system, to be able to color-coordinate EACH session modality.

I'm a Massage Therapist. So, for instance, "Swedish" massage would be pink, "deep tissue" massage would be purple, "Pre/post natal" massage would be blue....etc, etc.

It is SO much easier to the eye if I know what to expect for that day.

Please, PLEASE improve this!!!

(I haven't been missing it already existing, have I?).

Thank you!

Kendra Bennett

Message 3 of 16
Square Community Moderator

Hi @sportygirl13 and welcome to the Seller Community.

I moved your post to an existing feature request thread for this.

It's not something we offer at this time but requests are being tracked here and a few other threads it looks like. 

Ashley C
Message 4 of 16
Beta Member

I agree completely!!! 

Message 5 of 16
Beta Member

Hi friends! I own a private hair studio. I would love there to be Colour options for different "items" in my appointment calendar. As well as the "Personal Event" feature. It's now grey and fairly invisible, it would be great if that could be illuminated more clearly. 

Message 6 of 16
Admin

Thanks for your input @LeighSchultz! Much appreciated. I moved your post here so we can compile the same feedback in one spot. If this changes down the line, we'll update you and the others here on this thread.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 7 of 16

We keep asking for colors to represent different services in bookings, but I for one feel ignored. PLEASE CAN WE GET THIS? When??? 

Thank you!

Message 8 of 16

Seems like square is just good at deflecting feature requests. People have been asking for color coding so you can color code customers that turn into members or color code appointments, people have been asking for ways to keep track of packages if a client purchase a package of 5 so that each time they come in it counts down, people have asked for a way to do memberships instead of recurring invoices, but all square does is gives an excuse even though some of these features have been asked for years ago.

Message 9 of 16
Beta Member

I agree! I have been requesting this for almost two years! 🙂

Message 10 of 16

YES!  Color coding would be great for my company.  We have many different services and I want that to be visually represented so staff has the best "picture" of what each day entails.   Any updates on when this can happen?

Message 11 of 16

Thanks for posting, @hctackitt and welcome to the community 👋

I do not have updates at this time, but we will update this thread if the feature is released. 😊

Message 12 of 16
Beta Member

I have been asking for this for four years. Maybe 2023 is the year??? 👋🏼

Message 13 of 16

Hey there @gingerlywax!

Color Coding the Appointments Calendar by Service was recently released! 🎉

JJ
Message 14 of 16
Beta Member

Thank you. This has definitely helped. I was hoping to color code clients. I have, however found my own solution. I have created new services and added that specific category. New client, Welcome back, Late cancel, Late Reschedule and No show. Now, I can ascertain who is truly a new client as many were considered new but actually needed to be merged. There also wasn’t any access to No Show reporting. I now have it! 

Message 15 of 16

Items *can* be color coded now. Not sure how long ago this was implemented, but I just set it all up a couple weeks ago. I’m a massage therapist as well, and have my sessions coded by length; it requires editing each service in the items list, but once you do it, it carries forward. 

HOWEVER. 

The color coding is COMPLETELY ignored in the iOS app. Everything shows up coded on the PC portal as expected, but everything on the phone app is colored blue. I’m hoping there’s going to be an update that fixes this. 
I'm not holding my breath, though; Square seems to prioritize features that it can charge extra for 🤷🏼‍♂️.

Message 16 of 16