x

Can we interlink the product variants with multiple products & track the stock?

We have a few physical products, with some variants. The variants are nothing but its Cover with different colors as options. The same covers are used for different products as well and were wondering to figure whether it is possible with square track the variable stock which are interconnected between multiple products.

Detailed Example :
There are 3 different material Bottles, Glass Bottle, Plastic Bottle & Steel Bottle, 
Each bottle comes with a cover in 4 different colors that fit all 3 types of bottles, Total covers available in my inventory is 40 (i.e 10 Red+10 Blue+10 Black+10 White= 40 Covers).
So here cover colors are the options to choose as the options during the checkout.
If 1 Glass bottle with red color is bought by a customer then, for the next buyers it has to show 9 Red Covers available in stock for the Products Glass, Plastic & Steel bottles.

In short: In Square, Can we interlink variants (with a fixed quantity) with different products as its components?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

Hey @proprk  - thanks for stopping by!

There's not a way to create a variation set, per say, that share stock with multiple items. Although it seems cumbersome, the best way to workaround this is by creating separate items for each cover color with their corresponding stock amounts. Once created, you can then add a color to the sale along with your customer's bottle at checkout.

I can see how this workaround makes checking out a bit clumsy, though. We're constantly trying to make inventory tracking more simple and streamlined, so sharing your ideas with us helps a ton when improving these features. I've looped our Product Team in the mix, so I'll be sure to circle back here when I hear any updates about this! 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2