x

Canadian Non Profit Fundraiser - Square appropriate?

We're having a fundraiswer for a non profit wildlife charity in 2 weeks and would like at accept credit cards for donations and our live auction where we hope to get as much as $800 for some items.

Is Square a good option for this situation in Canada?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Yes you can use Square Point of Sale for your fundraiser @Wildgal!

You could create an item library for your auction or enter a custom amount to the app to charge donors at the end of the auction. Alternatively, you could send an invoice by email to the donor and they could pay for their item online.

Square's fees are per-transaction and are deducted from the total payment amount before the funds are deposited to your linked bank account.

Also, if needed, you can collect donor information during a transaction using Square's customer directory tools.

I hope this helps, if you have any other questions please let me know!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

Yes you can use Square Point of Sale for your fundraiser @Wildgal!

You could create an item library for your auction or enter a custom amount to the app to charge donors at the end of the auction. Alternatively, you could send an invoice by email to the donor and they could pay for their item online.

Square's fees are per-transaction and are deducted from the total payment amount before the funds are deposited to your linked bank account.

Also, if needed, you can collect donor information during a transaction using Square's customer directory tools.

I hope this helps, if you have any other questions please let me know!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 2 of 4

I was just wondering how to use square for non profit?  I have purchased equipment, and some retail fixtures, to help charities sell products to collect donations.  I am not sure how this would work with square, when I am not doing this for one organization, but rather, any of them that would like me to help them gather donations?

It would be as if I am an outsourced vendor that supplies the help, I guess that is the best way to explain it.  I haven't set-up any "formal" business, and, actually, haven't even started it yet.

Any, and all, insight would be helpful.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hey @mgu1983! Welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to existing thread where another seller had the same question on how to best use Square for non-profits.

@Helen provided some ways above that you can collect donations! 

If you have any specific questions while getting set up- I'm happy to answer them! For now I hope this helps. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4