x

Change customer email address

when processing a customer payment the email address that came up was her email from a former employer.  We could not figure out how to change it at the time of purchase.  Is there any way to log in after the fact and update her email in the Square system?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @beebes2803

Welcome to the Community! 

You can edit the email address on their Customer Profile in your Customer Directory. 

Are you wanting to change the email address on the payment to send the receipt or for something else? 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

I'm an infrequent user.  Today I encountered a 'bad email' (stored externally from my customer list).

The transaction had completed and did not allow me to enter a correct email address.

It would be helpful if the 'send email' screen would display and allow a correct email to be entered.  Square apparently had an email on file from another source.  For this function to work, this screen would have to display the default email address as it does on the 'message sent to ...' confirmation screen and accept a substitute email address for the receipt. 

In today's instance, I created a customer record with the correct email and attempted reprocessing the sale.  Square again used the externally stored email address. 

As a result, the two above attempts generated a duplicate sale.  I was unable to 'issue a refund' immediately;  the message I received was "no internet connection".  I believe this message to be incorrect in this circumstance. 

I'm of the opinion I need to wait for today's batch to post before I'm able to issue a refund;  is that correct?   I no longer have access to the customer's card information and don't know how to do this.

Greater New Orleans Iris Society

Message 3 of 3