x

Changed EIN

I changed the EIN number on the account but H&R Block says I have to send a $0 report for the old EIN to Social Security. How do I get that report?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Square Community Moderator

Welcome back, @PolysPleasures

Is H&R Block looking for a tax report?

The only tax report we have is a 1099K form for reaching a threshold of over $20,000 and over 200 card payments to receive that. 

I will keep an eye out for your reply. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 8

H&R Block didn't want the report but they said we had to send a $0 report with my SSN (the old EIN) to Social Security so I didn't get penalized for not reporting it (or something).

Message 3 of 8

@PolysPleasures

The 1099-K would be the only report that would have the EIN or SSN attached to it. You can download those through your Dashboard > Account & Settings > Tax Forms

If you need a Sales report, you can get one through your Report tab and select the timeframe for that one. 

Kassi
Message 4 of 8

Thanks, but since I changed the business's EIN, that's the only report I can access. The tax preparer said I needed one with the old EIN, the one we used last year, but it's not attached to that account anymore. I don't see how to get a $0 report with an SSN that is no longer attached to my account. Does that make sense?

Message 5 of 8

@PolysPleasures

Hmm.. you will still be able to download the old tax forms as they were filed with the IRS. They wouldn't be a $0 1099-K form since there are requirements to receive those, like I mentioned before. 

What I can do is escalate your question over to our Tax Team and have them reach out to you via email. 

Kassi
Message 6 of 8

That would be great. I see your point about the $0 report. I guess I just need to know if Square would have sent a report to Social Security with my SSN on it. H&R Block seemed to think so, but I don't remember them doing that before. If they don't then I don't see why I need anything from you. Thanks for your help and patience!

Message 7 of 8

@PolysPleasures

I went ahead and escalated this over for you. The 1099-K form gets sent to whatever SSN or EIN is attached to the account at the time it's created.

Kassi
Message 8 of 8