x

Charge from gosq.com on my bank statement?

I looked at my bank acct. today and there is a charge of 35.00 and it says it is from GOSQ.COM. 

I have not authorized a charge for this amount nor have I authorized square to extract funds from my account.

I can't seem to get a customer code to call . very frustrated

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 28
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

@deb64 - Your bank statement may show this as a result from making a purchase with a Square seller. If your bank account statement doesn't provide the information about the charge (i.e. business name, location, etc.), we include this link so you can look up the purchase at gosq.com.

@ashley14ash - You've got it. 👍

For more tips on how to identify purchases from Square sellers, I'd recommend checking out this Support Center article: Square Purchases and Cardholder Help

And if any of you were interested in creating a Square account for your own personal payments, feel free to sign up with Square. Accounts are free!

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

I have the same charge and it was from a taxi (car service) I took from the Hyatt in San Francisco to the airport.  Hope this helps.  The driver used Square.  I use it too for my home business and I love square.  Just too bad it's not easier to see the origination of the charge on my visa statement.

Message 22 of 28

At each transaction with Square you can input your email address. Then subsequently when you use square,  you will get an automatic emailed receipt.  This will be your permanent record of each Square transaction.  In your email provider, you could set up folder to move these receipts. Thereby you will never be at a loss to know what every charge is for because you have provided a method to track your charges. Square provides the best automatic audit trail by sending these receipts automatically. 

Message 23 of 28

I know this is an old answer, but for someone like me scrolling to find help, it needs to be said. Unless maybe someone below this response said it, in which case I'm being redundant. Adding your email to each transaction you do with a Square seller is a marvelous idea. It just doesn't work well for transactions you DID NOT make, that come out of your actual bank account and appear on your statement with cryptic, unhelpful information. If there's a way to help us get our money back in THOSE cases, we are all eyes/ears!

Message 24 of 28

I need help. I can’t deactivate my account from square.

Message 25 of 28
Admin

Hey @Sharitaaldridge!

Take a look here for instructions on deactivating your Square account. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 26 of 28

I found the receipt. How do I find the website that the purchase was made on? I thought I was on the oofos website. I purchased 2 pairs for $49.00 I am trying to find the website so I can ask when will I get my shoes? i do not want to dispute the transaction if it is a legit store or seller. But, I just want to find out when will the "slides" be sent.

Message 27 of 28
Square Community Moderator

Welcome to the Community, @Fperry66

It sounds like you're the customer in this transactions, is that correct? 

Did you provide an address or shipping information when the order was placed? 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 28 of 28