x
Super Seller

Claim up to $600 in a recent class action settlement!

It sounds so spammy, I'm sorry.

But it's not!

I don't know how or when or who has been fighting for this, but there is a class action lawsuit for ANY business who has accepted Visa and/or Mastercard credit cards at any point since 2001 and September 2021.

The max is $600 (we SME will likely only receive $30/year), but at this point - free money is free money.

Head here to learn a bit more about eligibility and you can read more about it in the Globe and Mail (as well as other reputable news sources).

Mmmkay, have fun and enjoy! Be sure to spread the news to any other small businesses!

Lenore
LenJo Bakes in Kitchener, ON
Let's connect on Instagram!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

This is so cool! Thanks for sharing the link, hope it turns into something good for us 🙂

Michael
New Light Photography | SUB Photo | Square fan
Message 2 of 4

The other thing that comes out of this is that we are now allowed to recoup the merchant fees from customers.... as long as we follow the policies (e.g. don't actually charge more than the fees, notify people that we are charging them, list the surcharge on the invoice/receipt, etc).

FYI.

Message 3 of 4

We're also supposed to notify the credit card companies.

Visa tells us to notify the acquirer (which I believe is Square).

Mastercard can be done via https://www.mastercard.ca/en-ca/surcharge-disclosure-webform.html.

Do we know what the rules are with American Express?  

I'm hoping to see an easy way with some conditional logic to add this to our Square invoices.  I thought I saw it the other day but now I can't find it. I just want to make sure I do this right and stay out of hot water! 

Message 4 of 4