x

Considering converting from Hostgator to Square as our host for our site? Please advise....

Hi There,  We have been using square for years as our on location and online (majority) processor for payments.  However we use Hostgator for our web hosting.  it was suggested to us that we convert over to Square-- makes sense right? 

The biggest dilemma is that we have a few clients that do subscriptions and we want to do even more!  We want to have the ability since we are candle and pottery makers that they can modify the subscription as they need.  hence the dilemma, does square have this ability and what and where do I need to integrate woo or what should we do? 

Your advice is greatly appreciated!

G L Sellers

Fort Blenheim Candle Works, LLC

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Super Seller

@FBCW First a disclaimer.  I have never used this, but in the Square App Marketplace there is a plug-in to sync Square with WooCommerce.  You can read more about this here, and see if it will meet your needs for subscriptions, and such, and has the same WooCommerce features that you already use.  I can’t imagine why it wouldn’t but research is, of course, suggested. 

As for moving your URL for Square to be your domain registrar and host, that’s easy enough, and would have the benefit of having all your “eggs in one basket,” as it were.  I can’t do the domain registration part, yet, because Square is not a registrar for .biz top level domains.  So I use GoDaddy for that part, and just connect it to Square for all of the other stuff.

I hope this helps.

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 2 of 2