x

Unable to Sign In & Temporary Lockout errors on Dashboard

This morning I received a message that I needed to change my PW by July 12 and asked if I wanted to. I changed my password and now cannot access the Dashboard app. I can log into square on the website and the Square app but not Dashboard. When I open the app I get the message 

Unable to Sign In
The operation couldn't be completed.
(GPBCodedInputStreamErrorDomain error
-100.)
OK

then when I log in I get the message 

Temporary Lockout
There have been too many failed sign-in
attempts for this email address.

anyone else experiencing this issue? As usual, I called CS and got unhelpful information by a rep who seemed to care less and said they are aware of the issue but have no eta on when it will be fixed. I suspect he just told me this to pacify me. Anyone else have input? Thank you!

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

Bump

Message 2 of 43

Same exact thing happening here! Trying to figure out why I keep getting “temporarily locked out” when I’m definitely not logging in (and have updated my password everywhere).

It also would have been nice to have a warning saying that changing the password would immediately shut down the register in my shop! That was quickly resolved but not fun to disrupt business on a Saturday morning.

Message 3 of 43

Are you still locked out? I appear to be locked out still currently on the dashboard app. 

Message 4 of 43

We're having the same problem.

Message 5 of 43

I'm having the exact same issue today! Logged in just fine on the computer/iPad, but can't access any Square apps from my iPhone. 

Message 6 of 43

Please comment if you’re having a similar problem with Dashboard app

Message 7 of 43
Beta Member

Ditto. I'm getting the same message after changing my password as prompted to do so.

Any word from @Anonymous yet?

Little by little we human beings are confronted with situations that give us more and more clues that we are not perfect.
-Fred Rogers
Message 8 of 43
Beta Member

Raises hand for same issue.

Message 9 of 43

Me too

Message 10 of 43

@Arie 

Message 11 of 43
Beta Member

Same issue

Message 12 of 43

Is there any update? This issue is affecting my ability to manage different locations of my business. I contacted customer service yesterday and was told I would recieve a call today which I never did. 

Message 13 of 43

Same here since Thursday.  Very frustrating.  

Message 14 of 43

Same issue here

Message 15 of 43

Same here once logged out you can’t log back in, tried many devices nothing worked 

Message 16 of 43

Square has still yet to acknowledge this issue that is affecting a ton of people!

Message 17 of 43
Beta Member

same here, been locked out for a few days, very very annoying... please acknowledge, Square support, and provide information ASAP

Message 18 of 43
Super Seller

I got the same message logging in all week. My dashboard is fine and I can access that, but I'm so fearful of my Register. I'll have to plan to go into the store early today to make sure I can sign in successfully and have it ready (hopefully) for transactions today. (fingers crossed)

This is why I avoided changing up until the very last day today. Square, I wish you wouldn't force me to change my password. Enable 2-step verification or something but hey, I understand security issues, but forcing this isn't fun especially if it's not working for people.

I was going to wait until I got a message that said it was now time, but the last time I read the message it scared me because it just said if the password expires you won't have access, so not sure if it would then prompt a change or just shut me out.

Message 19 of 43
Beta Member

Having the same issue on my end. Had to update my password before the 12th of July and when I updated my password it enabled a temporary lockout on my mobile app dashboard. The issue started yesterday and I tried signing back in this morning with no luck. hope this is resolved soon. 

Message 20 of 43

How many people are using the iPhone app vs Android here? Is it happening on both platforms? I'm on iPhone.

Message 21 of 43