x

Unable to Sign In & Temporary Lockout errors on Dashboard

This morning I received a message that I needed to change my PW by July 12 and asked if I wanted to. I changed my password and now cannot access the Dashboard app. I can log into square on the website and the Square app but not Dashboard. When I open the app I get the message 

Unable to Sign In
The operation couldn't be completed.
(GPBCodedInputStreamErrorDomain error
-100.)
OK

then when I log in I get the message 

Temporary Lockout
There have been too many failed sign-in
attempts for this email address.

anyone else experiencing this issue? As usual, I called CS and got unhelpful information by a rep who seemed to care less and said they are aware of the issue but have no eta on when it will be fixed. I suspect he just told me this to pacify me. Anyone else have input? Thank you!

Message 1 of 43
42 REPLIES 42

This issue making things extremely difficult to manage my multiple locations that I would normally use the dashboard app for. Is square going to respond? Still waiting back on a phone call from 2 days ago!

Message 22 of 43

I created a new team member with another email and gave it Dashboard permissions and tried to log in with that user and I got the same error of too many failed attempts to log in. So the error is obviously not accurate.

Message 23 of 43
Beta Member

Same issue…..     grrrrrrr Square

Message 24 of 43
Beta Member

response from square support.... 

Thanks for messaging with Square. There is currently an outage affecting logging in to the Dashboard App, our engineers are aware of this issue and are working on a resolution asap. In the meantime, you can log in to your Dashboard using the browser on your phone/device or using a computer.

it's unacceptable that they do not email customers letting them know of an internal issue and allow us to keep wasting time trying to figure it out on our own!

Message 25 of 43

Dashboard update just released. Issue is still not fixed.

Message 26 of 43

We are having the same issue and customer service is of NO help.  I am growing tired of explaining the problem over and over again.

Message 27 of 43

BUMP

Message 28 of 43

This was the email I just received back.

Hi John,

This is Jason, Manager with Square Customer Success. I apologize for the miscommunication in response as we generally respond within 2 business days.

With regards to your temporary lockout issue, I know there was a known issue that affected some of our sellers. Our Engineering team has found a solution to the issue you were experiencing. Please update your Square hardware and or apps to ensure you have the latest features and fixes available.

Please feel free to reply to this email to let me know if you have any additional questions regarding this issue.

Sincerely,

Jason
Manager - Square Customer Success

Message 29 of 43
Beta Member

IMG_4959.PNG

I updated my app and I'm still getting the error message. Is it working for you now?

Little by little we human beings are confronted with situations that give us more and more clues that we are not perfect.
-Fred Rogers
Message 30 of 43

No. The app is still very much broken after updating to todays release. 

Message 31 of 43
Beta Member

The app is still not fixed. Your teams did not resolve the issue and it was incredibly premature to issue a post like this.

we are still unable to login and are looking for alternate payment processing solutions. The lack of care on Square’s part is disappointing to say the least.

carlos

Message 32 of 43

We are having the same issue

Message 33 of 43
Beta Member

We need resolution asap. Can someone from support actually respond to this issue further?

Message 34 of 43
Beta Member

7945A80E-68F2-46E0-8BF8-E95F0C3DD478.png

Message 35 of 43

As someone who has paid square hundreds of thousands in CC processing fees since 2012, this whole situation has been eye opening. I used to have a dedicated account rep to contact in case I had issues. Now the past two problems I have had I didn’t even get a return phone call. This company is quickly loosing their way and will realize many of their loyal customers aren’t going to stick along. As someone with a business with 4 locations, I NEED dashboard app to properly monitor my locations. Yes I can do the same thing on the website but it constantly logs out and it takes 10x longer to do basic functions. This is not acceptable. 5 days so far with zero answers from admin. 

Message 36 of 43

Just got a call back from customer service at 9:20AM EST. They said their engineers are aware of this outage and are working on a resolution. No time frame could be given on when this will be fixed. 

Message 37 of 43

I was able to sign into the app this morning.

Message 38 of 43

I just tried and we still are locked out. Glad you can get back in!

Message 39 of 43

d'oh! should i share my numbers so you feel like you're connected again? 😂

Message 40 of 43
Beta Member

I've been experiencing the same issue after being prompted to change my password a few days ago, unable to log into the square dashboard application on my iPhone13 but all other square apps are working fine & i can log in on a computer.

I've spent several hours each of the last few days on the phone with multiple operators repeating the issue over & over & over again but never get a call back or a status update, super frustrating.

I hope someone out there from Square is listening, as a business customer for the last 5 years I'm seriously considering looking into other options after this experience.

Message 41 of 43
Beta Member

Same issue here. Have been unable to login to the Dashboard app since updating my password. Have tried to delete and re-install the app, which did not work.

Message 42 of 43