x

Contact merchant info

There was a charge attempted on my card ending in 9805 for 100$ in 10/18/2018. My card declined so I can't locate any receipt on the link you provide for transactions. However it showed on my bank account as SQ* Steven in 7703746890 (phone number)United States. The number listed belongs to a roommates friend, I need to know how to locate more information on the merchant/vendor to determine who attempted to use my card fraudulently. Id like to know if the number listed is linked to the square account that was used and if so does Square use any type of verification when adding or using a phone number on an account. Also is there anyway i can find out the email address associated with the merchant that attempted this transaction? Id like to contact the merchant to figure out what this transaction was for and who attempted to use the card. Please help.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

a Square charge shows up however a merchant sets it up, for example, ours shows up as SQ* Van Kalker Farms.  so it sounds like they have it set up with their phone number.

Message 2 of 4

Thank you for your response. Let me ask you this, if the number is on the name of the business could this something anyone could create with that information? Or would that number have to have been used in order to have done so?

Message 3 of 4
Super Seller

I believe the name on the credit card charge is whatever the business sets it up to be.  that is not something that is a field that is required to be your business legal name.  but I'm not 100% sure, @Tom?

Message 4 of 4