x

Create item multiple scanning from checkout

In square for retail at the checkout section, when you scan an item that doesn't exist it gives you the option to Create Item which is great but it doesn't persist the scanned barcode so you have you scan it again.

You understand where I'm going; Add the first scan to the create item page automatically.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @_Jim,

I spoke with our product team about this one and it looks as though this is how the product works at the moment - I've passed this on to the team as feedback / a feature request, it certainly makes sense that you'd want to retain this information and minimize your scanning!

I imagine there may be a technical reason it doesn't work like this at the moment. 

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4
Square

Hi @_Jim

@Seamus passed your feedback to me yesterday and I'm curious about your typical workflow when creating items. 

Have you been trying to create multiple new items by scanning the barcode in the Checkout section in-app, or was this a one-off if you happened to check out an item that wasn't previously entered in your library?

If this was a one off, do you usually create new items in the Items section of the app, or your online Square Dashboard?

Look forward to hearing from you!

Victoria
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 3 of 4

Hey guys, this isn't really a deal breaker more a minor gripe.

We have hundreds of items and are new to square so alot of our early sales have missing items. The cashiers are going to quickly add the items that arn't in the system yet but arn't realising that they have to scan the items bar code again in the new item dialog because it didn't persist.

More of a user expectation than anything. (: @Victoria_SQ @Seamus 

Message 4 of 4