x

Currency Conversion

I need to be able to have currency converted. 99.9% of my clients are not from Canada. So, when I client from the USA (for example) looks at my invoice for $330, they are wondering why I have upcharged them from the $250 we agreed upon. I have not, I have simply converted the amount from USD to CAD. However, this is confusing for the clent and it also looks like I'm trying to pull a "fast one" over on them.

Will Square ever be able to change this? If not I may as well know now so I can look for another way to do this.

And is it possible for me to open a Square USA account?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @SketchedArtist

I'll start from the bottom! 

1. You will need an SSN or ITIN, and an address you've lived at in the United States to activate an account, 
  2. Your invoice will always be in the currency of your country. So if you had a United States account the amount will always appear in USD to your Canadian customers. 
  3. The currency is automatically converted to the respective one for your account. Any fees will be paid by your customer to their bank. 
Message 2 of 5

That’s the problem. I don’t live in the USA nor have I ever lived there. Just most of my clients live there. 

It seems there should be a way to simply have my invoice converted if I need it to. 

Message 3 of 5

I see what you mean @SketchedArtist. Currently we don't have this ability, but I'll make sure to share the suggestion with our Invoices Team. 

Message 4 of 5

Yes. Thank-you

Message 5 of 5