x
Beta Member

Custom Tender Amount Summons Alpha Keyboard

Since, I believe, the 4.4 update for Square Register - and presumably android - the alpha keyboard comes up when entering a custom tender amount during a sale.

It's not a huge issue but we do a reasonably high volume and would prefer if that was the numeric keyboard, and that the tender text field was automatically selected.

(What is the best place to submit feedback or bug reports?)

Message 1 of 26
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

@Seller5008 I hear you and I completely understand how that would be useful. I'm happy to hear the latest update did fix your initial cash drawer issue! 🙂

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 26 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Super Seller

@Joe Is something happening on this issue? It has been 2 months since it popped up!

Message 22 of 26

@MichiganFarmsta engineering has been working on it and it should be resolved in the next update. If you haven't already, please restart your device and check for updates. If, after updating, you see the same issue, contact support so they can file a new ticket. 

AshleyK
Message 23 of 26

Yes numeric keyboard is back!! Thank you 

Message 24 of 26
Super Seller

Its back!!

But it does not automatically open the keypad when you select the custom amount.

Before this fiasco, 1) Push the "custom amount" button 2)Screen opens up with numeric keypad ready to go.

Now you press the 1)Press the "custom amount" button 2) Screen opens up, 3)Now touch the text box to make the keypad pop up.

Message 25 of 26

Best Answer

@Seller5008 I hear you and I completely understand how that would be useful. I'm happy to hear the latest update did fix your initial cash drawer issue! 🙂

AshleyK
Message 26 of 26