x

Customer received emails from no-reply@editmysite.com.

Hi, I am new to this community and I noticed one thing: customers receiving emails from no-reply@editmysite.com. I wonder if I can change it to my own email address? 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Square Community Moderator

At this time changing the email address for Alerts and communication from your Square Online Store is considered a feature request not yet implemented.

I will make sure to pass your request over to our product team for their visibility and consideration when working on future developments to Square Online.

P.S. Welcome to the Seller Community @YXD 

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 12

Has the ability to change the sent from no-reply@editmysite.com been done? It really looks like they paid a new business and unprofessional. At least if it said square customer service or something that looks way better.

Erik

Message 3 of 12

If changing the sender email address is not implemented, what are these settings for:

Online > Communications > Email & Text Alerts > Edit Profile > Edit > Sender Email, Reply-to Email

Message 4 of 12

Hello @robgwin This has been updated since I last posted here. Thank you for sharing this finding! 

JJ
Message 5 of 12

Oh cool. Except... it still uses no-reply@editmysite.com no matter what I put in those settings. EDIT: wait, no it works now! It takes a few days to take effect I guess?

Message 6 of 12

It may take up to 24 hours to complete the change.

JJ
Message 7 of 12

Hey there, @JJ_  . . .I created a membership page. When I send the invites to my people, it comes from "no-reply@editmysite.com" . . .
Not at all what I want.
I want to change this--but where can I? Or how can I?
You indicate earlier in this thread, it's been updated--but I am not seeing it.
...Unless you mean it was handled for @robgwin 
Would really appreciate your guidance.

Tom Brooks, creator of the Rapid Audition Mastery Program
Message 8 of 12
Super Seller

@TomBro ;

Below I saw it does work according to robgwin, and then the next comment by JJ says it can take up to 24 hrs for it to update.

To do this follow robgwins advice how they did it:

If changing the sender email address is not implemented, what are these settings for:

Online > Communications > Email & Text Alerts > Edit Profile > Edit > Sender Email, Reply-to Email

Then wait a day or two to try it.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 9 of 12

Hi, Keith. I appreciate it.

I realized I left off a couple of tidbits of probably important consideration in @JJ_ message...

• I am using the Bluehost + Weebly Dashboard
  • Rather than a store, I have created a Member page. I went to Settings > Members > Add Member.
    • I then added an email of my own as a test (because I want to know the client experience), drafted some bogus text to myself, then clicked Add Member, and hit Publish so the invitation would be sent.

The email I received (as my pretend client) came from no-reply@editmysite.com.

So, I am still looking in the various settings, but so far cannot fine where/how to edit this email address.

I am fully willing to admit I am probably missing it -- and will continue looking.

...and I'll let this thread know when I do.

Message 10 of 12
Super Seller

@TomBro ;

On my website my emails come from a Noreply@email.com, but there is a Reply to spot in the settings so when people reply it goes to sales@email.com

Just giving you another thing to look for.  The reason I mention this is because my email server is automated and hosted by my webhost and not my site itself sending it but the webhosts main servers for me.  So do not just look at who sent but check for information stating where to reply to or if you click Reply to and see what is filled in in your reply email.

Every web-hosting software has different terminology and then all the different ones out there it is hard to keep up with everyone.  I do not use Weebly and was just pointing out the other comments thinking you did not scroll far enough.  Hope you get this figured out.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 11 of 12

'ppreciate it, Keith!

Message 12 of 12