x

Customise appointment in SMS confirmations

Customise appointment in SMS confirmations

Hi I know this has been raised before, almost 12 months ago, but thought I should bring it forward. It would be really great if I could customise the SMS appointments confirmation to my customer. I would like it to contain my name (instead of the business name) the address and phone number of my business. It would also be handy to be able to add a personal note to the client.

Currently I need to make their appt then SMS them again with my address, phone number and any other info. This is doubling up and time consuming. Thank you

24 Comments
Square Community Moderator

Hey @karenaa,

Thanks for writing back in to the community and highlighting this feature request!

I can see how useful it would be to have one central place to get in touch with your customers. While the confirmation text can't be edited, it automatically includes a link with more information. 

The link takes customers to a site where they can view the appointment date and time, service booked, the name of the staff member they're booked in with, as well as the address for the location. 

We'll tag you in this thread to notify you of any updates regarding this feature request. Our team frequently checks the Seller Community for feedback like this, and suggestions like yours help us develop new features. This article also gives some insight into how feature requests are developed. 

Hi Arie

The appointment confirmation has no links at all. I have done a test one to myself and definitely no links !

Hi Arie I have just checked back at a previous test I did in April 2021 and yes there is a link in that one but not in the most recent confirmations

Admin

Hey @karenaa,

So I can understand more about the issue, what sort of link are you looking for in the confirmation? How did it previously work vs how it's working now?

After running a test it looked as though this is working as intended, with the Appointment confirmation SMS containing a link! Are you able to post a screenshot of how it appears (feel free to obscure any personal info in the image).

I do have a screen shot but couldnt find anywhere/way to upload it 😊

Seamus, When I try to load my image here it says it can't save image

Square Community Moderator

Sorry to hear you're having trouble uploading your image @karenaa! Are you uploading the image via a phone, or computer? 

Via my phone (android)

Admin

@karenaa It looks like our image upload function appears to be on the blink at the moment, apologies for this!

I'm going to take a further look into the image upload issue, though the quicker way to investigate the Appointments issue is probably going to be through our support team. Lines have just closed for the day, but you can call from 9am Melbourne time tomorrow - the 1800 760 137, lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm AEST.

Hi all.  

My question is, operating two 'Locations', is it possible to customise 'Communications', so different confirmation messages can be sent from each location?

Thanks and regards,

Karl