x

Delivery address shows up wrong

My customer ordered something online from me, she said she entered her correct mailing address, clicked save and then some random address in a different state showed up on her confirmation. I've checked back on my past few transactions and I don't see any random states (my customers are all local) other than this one transaction. She's concerned that possibly someone has a square account with her credit card info but a different address. Is this possible or something anyone else has happen to them?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @babytog

This is an intriguing report. I would recommend advising your customer to visit her Square Profile (profile.squareup.com) and take a look to see if there are any addresses or information that is irrelevant to them. 

Sometimes customers may place orders and mistype their phone numbers and for that reason, invalid or unknown addresses can be seen to auto-populate.  This doesn't mean that your customer's information isn't secure because we ask for validation when entering the wrong phone number as a security measure. 

I hope this information is helpful and will keep an eye out for your reply.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2