x

Discount on keep cups

If you bring a keep-cup you get $0.50 off your coffee.

I’m able to apply this to one product but when I have multiple keep-cups in an order it doesn’t take the $0.50 off the Items, it only takes it off one. 

Is there a way around this? 
if someone brings four keep-cups how do I apply a discount that will take 50cents off 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Hey @Rubygirl96,

You should be able to apply the discount on a per-item basis as well as a per-transaction basis.

How you do this will vary depending on if you're using a phone or tablet, but essentially you want to tap on the item within the transaction, then scroll down and toggle the discount on for the item itself. We have a guide on this here.

Alternatively you could make different discounts, eg:

- 1 Keep Cup - 50c

- 2 Keep Cups - $1

- 3 Keep Cups - $1.50

Hope this helps! Let me know if you're still having trouble!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

Hi there,

I'm having the same issue as @Rubygirl96

We use square for restaurants on the square register and also want to be able to apply the same discount multiple times to one order for multiple keep cups.

I have looked repeatedly with varying settings applied and can't find a way to apply discounts per item instead of to the total order.

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

At this time, the workaround Seamus shared would be the best way to apply multiple discounts in this scenario @gull

Message 4 of 6
Super Seller

Our discounts work on a item basis, so if you click on each item and scroll to the bottom you will see all the discounts as a slider to switch the discounts on or off that item.

Message 5 of 6
Super Seller

You could set up modifiers for keep cups 

You would just make your standard coffee price 50cents less and add 50cent for takeaway cups.

Message 6 of 6