x

Disputed charge from my small business

I sell at Weekend markets as an art vendor and had someone dispute a $30.00 charge from SEPTEMBER claiming they “had no idea what it was.” I disputed back saying it was from the Saturday market they were at and described the item. They lied saying they still had no idea , so they could get a refund for Christmas money I assume. Am I completely screwed? There’s no way to not get charged for my artwork?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Jbug0062 - Welcome to The Seller Community, it's always nice to see a new face 😊

We know how difficult it is when encountering chargebacks.

When your customer initiates a dispute, their bank contacts us to get more information about the transaction. We reach out to you to pass on their request. They’re looking for any supporting evidence you may have about the transaction, like receipts, invoices, email correspondence, proof of delivery or photos. The more evidence you can provide, the better chance you have of winning the dispute.

I hope this helps. 

As always, feel free to stop by The Community with question, concerns and even feature requests. We are more than happy to assist.

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

Can I edit a dispute I send back? I found their signed signature AFTER Square contacted me for evidence. I’m kicking myself about it 

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Great question @Jbug0062 - Once the dispute has been submitted to the sellers bank, unfortunately there is no way to edit the information provided. 

However, in the event that you do not win the dispute there is an appeals process that may allow you to provide additional information.

The best way to appeal your dispute decision, feel free to contact our phone support team.

Phone support is available Monday - Friday 6 AM - 6 PM PST. The telephone number is (855)700-6000.

Best of luck with your dispute

Ria
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4