x

Does Square Capital report activity to any credit bureaus?

I think it would be awesome if square somehow reported to the 3 major credit bureaus when you have paid of your loan balance to help build a strong credit score. Let me know if you agree.

Message 1 of 31
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hello @Gerald713

Thank you for the suggestion! -- Currently, having a loan through Square Capital does not affect your credit score. Offers through Square Capital are based on processing and account history and we do not report to any of the national credit bureaus.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 31
30 REPLIES 30

I also would like it if you reported to Credit Bureaus!  Consider this my signature for the petition!

Message 22 of 31

It would be only fare for us to have some appreciation by square for using services by helping us building our credit history and be better partners in business. 

Message 23 of 31

I just satisfied my first Square capital loan and starting on my second.  I would like a letter for the credit bureau with the specifics of the loan and my payment history to try to improve my credit score. How would I get a letter like this from Square?

Message 24 of 31
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Bellylaff111! Welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread where other sellers had the same question.

To obtain one- you'll want to reach out to our Capital team directly as @Regina_B stated above. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 25 of 31

I can’t get a straight answer from the websites or customer service or these forums so anyone have you seen these loans on your credit? I’m about 300 bucks away from paying off my first loan with square was very fast. Only gonna take 6 months or so total to pay off prob have it paid off end of the week but I don’t see it on my credit anywhere. Has anyone had this report?

Message 26 of 31

Square loans are not reported on credit. 

Message 27 of 31

I would be willing to purchase through Square Capital financing if they decide to report on-time payments to the major credit bureaus.

Message 28 of 31

Yes, You seriously need to report to the credit bureaus.  I've done several loans with square & this would help tremendously if it was reported.  Get with the program SQUARE !!!!

Message 29 of 31

I've been a loyal business customer using square since 2012. I've paid off 8 loans. I usually pay all way in advance of dates. 

It would make a huge difference if they reported to the three credit bureaus.  I'd Really like to know why this isn't considered by Square. 

Message 30 of 31

Square, on behalf of my business, I want to express my appreciation and say thank you. The fact that my business qualifies and the amounts continue to increase shows that my business has improved and definitely advancing,  building a healthy history with you. I do agree that it would be a great deal to report to the bureaus, maybe one day soon but for now on behalf of my business, thank you for what you do and what you have done. 

Message 31 of 31