x

Does Square give non-profits a discount for their services?

We have a non-profit and I was wondering if there is a discount in the processing fees for people who support us through our Square account. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

Square does not offer discounted pricing to non-profits, everyone gets the same low rate.  However, if you process more than $250,000 and have an average of at least $25 (i believe) you can negotiate a possible lower rate.  This is due to the savings square will see on larger transactions and volume.  We currently have a lower rate based on our larger volume. 

Message 2 of 8

You are aware that PayPal does give a discount? 

Message 3 of 8
Super Seller

Yes, you are correct that PayPal does have a slightly lower rate for registered 501 (c) (3) charities.

Message 4 of 8

When will Square offer a discount for approved 501(c)(3) organizations?

Message 5 of 8
Admin

@lovejust Helen here from the Community team. I definitely see how this is important for your these types of organizations and I will share your request to the Payments team. Thanks for being a part of the Seller Community!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 6 of 8

We are a non-profit organization and we already have a square account set up. We would like to purchase a Terminal or another Square hardware device, but would like to know if there is a discount for non-profits when buying products from Square. 

Message 7 of 8
Square Community Moderator

Hi @CAF1 and welcome to the Community.

I moved your post to an existing thread for this! We don't offer any kind of special pricing for services or hardware for non-profits.

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8